STEWART!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!

STEWART!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!

Postby TheEqualizer on 20 Jun 2008 16:49

Ok, this is just a Hail Mary:

STEWART, many of your fans are being royally screwed. Many people have purposely sought out tickets behind the stage in order to get a prime view of YOU in your last show with the Police. We have even been calling those seats STEW HEAVEN.

Now, someone has decided to reassign those seats without warning the ticketholders. (Others have also had their seats downgraded without warning)

Hopefully you will see this and maybe have a word or two with someone about how some of your most devoted fans are getting hosed. It seems like there is the real possibility that refunds may not get issued.

By the way, we know this is not you. You are not The Machine. You don't control The Machine. But we're hoping you at least you could put the word in for us.
There is no bigger gong.
TheEqualizer

Postby TheEqualizer on 20 Jun 2008 17:08

Someone want to e-mail Jeff Seitz? He looks at his e-mail and might be able to nudge Stewart.
There is no bigger gong.
TheEqualizer

Postby sockii on 20 Jun 2008 17:15

This is indeed a royal fuck-up. I am not at all happy.

While I've still got my pair on the floor for myself and vespa, I wanted my mom and a friend to have good, close to the stage seats for the finale--and now they're screwed over and stuck up on the 300 level--and even if I CAN cancel that order or somehow unload the tickets, I'm going to have to pay broker/above-market prices to get anything CLOSE to what I had before.
sockii

Postby johnnyjumpstart on 20 Jun 2008 17:20

I'm wondering if those seats are not available due to video screens, OR if the auction just generated so much demand for higher price seats that the ones behind the stage were reassigned to a higher ticket price??
johnnyjumpstart

Postby sockii on 20 Jun 2008 17:23

[quote="johnnyjumpstart"]I'm wondering if those seats are not available due to video screens, OR if the auction just generated so much demand for higher price seats that the ones behind the stage were reassigned to a higher ticket price??[/quote]

They should have known the stage configuration well enough by now - with all the time it took to announce the venue officially (when it had been rumored/almost confirmed for weeks/months before then). I know many of us were wondering if the behind-the-stage section would be made available or not, reverting to the old screen system vs. the current one, but you'd think that would be simple enough to get straight at this point.
sockii

Postby animal on 20 Jun 2008 17:25

[quote="sockii"]They should have known the stage configuration well enough by now - with all the time it took to announce the venue officially (when it had been rumored/almost confirmed for weeks/months before then). I know many of us were wondering if the behind-the-stage section would be made available or not, reverting to the old screen system vs. the current one, but you'd think that would be simple enough to get straight at this point.[/quote]

Seems like The MANAGEMENT has a classic case of having it's head up it's arse.
A mind full of useless information.
Quotes are my speciality.

I am the YouTube Whisperer
animal

Postby johnnyjumpstart on 20 Jun 2008 17:30

I'm an attorney. I'm trying to think of some way to work this out if the seats are truly not being sold due to screens blocking the view. Obviously all better/equal seats are long gone now. How does this sound?? Might all those who purchased there seats be given free passes to the soundcheck??
johnnyjumpstart

Postby Susan on 20 Jun 2008 17:33

My seat was unaffected but after just being in MSG last night, knowing next time I'll be there is 8/7, it's hard to feel excited about this concert now, knowing so many great people and fans were so royally screwed without even notice or being given some options. VERY disappointing.

I really hope someone high up gets to work on this quickly and efficiently so that if it is necessary to relocate people, they are accommodated with similar seats to what they bought. That would mean that Ticketmaster and MSG have the same information and give consistent answers to callers, at the very least. Stop the finger-pointing and get to work on a satisfying solution for the people who paid for these tickets. People are making a lot of effort and sacrifices of their time and money to attend this show.

Having gone to many concerts at MSG throughout my life, it is impossible to say that the loge level--sections 67 or 68--is equivalent to section 331.
Susan

Postby empty on 20 Jun 2008 17:35

Johnny,

All people being screwed by this should be given OPTIONS.

If there is a legitimate error, that is understandable(though YEAH, they shoulda got it right). BUT error or not, they should offer other seats OR a refund.

I want a refund. I don't want shitty other seats.

And if I wanted to pay $500 for a soundcheck, I would.If they want to offer that fine, but that ALSO should be my choice, not what they decide.
Playing drums is Hard Fucking Work
empty

Postby GinaSuperCat on 20 Jun 2008 17:56

All we really want to do is have the tickets we used presale codes to purchase and all meet up and party our assesses off, having the time of our lives celebrating the last concert of this reunion tour together.

No one wants to complain and be negative--this is really over the top.

The real shame is that something this ugly bs is now associated with the Police and with PBS...

Be glad when it's back to Savannah-style gigs...this whole ticket downgrading without notice or chance of refund and no one willing to address this BS is really making me agree with the "fuck the 80000 others" sentiment, only insofar as when things get to this scale corporate entities seem to make it really unusally and uniquely unpleasant!
MMMMEEEEEOOOOOOWWWWWW!!!!
GinaSuperCat

Postby sockii on 20 Jun 2008 17:58

[quote="empty"]Johnny,

All people being screwed by this should be given OPTIONS.

If there is a legitimate error, that is understandable(though YEAH, they shoulda got it right). BUT error or not, they should offer other seats OR a refund.[/quote]

Exactly. I just want a refund on my crap pair. It's inexcusable not to offer that as an option. I mean, when a show itself gets rescheduled, they offer people the chance to refund their tickets...why not in a case like this where again, you're not getting what you paid for?

Someone on tp.com posted a link to this press release, which has management contact numbers for folks who feel like trying to take it to "the top":

http://www.thirteen.org/pressroom/release.php?get=2930
sockii

Postby samburusunset on 20 Jun 2008 19:07

Oooooooh, you mean like letting the PBS stations know what's going on??
Stewart and Stanley together again!! YO!
samburusunset

Postby sockii on 20 Jun 2008 19:10

[quote="samburusunset"]Oooooooh, you mean like letting the PBS stations know what's going on??[/quote]

Might be worth sending some emails...I've already made a post on the Public Television Rocks facebook and website about it. 'Cause it sure doesn't reflect back well on them, either.
sockii

Postby policerule on 20 Jun 2008 19:28

[quote="sockii"][quote="samburusunset"]Oooooooh, you mean like letting the PBS stations know what's going on??[/quote]

Might be worth sending some emails...I've already made a post on the Public Television Rocks facebook and website about it. 'Cause it sure doesn't reflect back well on them, either.[/quote]

I think EVERYONE should hear about it, but especially PBS.
READY THE BLADE!
policerule

Postby TheEqualizer on 20 Jun 2008 21:56

Bump
There is no bigger gong.
TheEqualizer

Next

Return to THE KRYPTON FORUM