USA and UK Babes (and Boys) in Buffalo-- Please report!

USA and UK Babes (and Boys) in Buffalo-- Please report!

Postby Madgrad on 03 May 2008 23:10

I reckon the gals ought to be heading for their seats soon, getting ready for some EC! :D Looking forward to the reports!
Last edited by Madgrad on 04 May 2008 10:49, edited 1 time in total.
∑∑∑
Madgrad

Postby Madgrad on 03 May 2008 23:20

And dig, I called you BABES, not bitches. :wink: 8)
∑∑∑
Madgrad

Postby perryl on 03 May 2008 23:20

Haha...kool!!!

I'll keep checking this thread for updates :lol:
Lee~

S.D. * Mansfield * Saratoga Springs * Holmdel * JB

All I need is some money to spend now!
perryl

Postby dafttart on 03 May 2008 23:22

Oh boy, this is one show I cannot WAIT to hear about :wink:
dafttart

Postby Madgrad on 03 May 2008 23:48

[quote="dafttart"]Oh boy, this is one show I cannot WAIT to hear about :wink:[/quote]

Seriously. 8) Smudge, DM, PRule, Nancyrose, LL, etc., etc.! Should be CRAZY! 8)
∑∑∑
Madgrad

Postby TOWOS on 04 May 2008 00:16

Sooo glad for all the the Buffalo nutters!
I am sure we'll hear from them.
8) 8) 8) 8)
"I.Know.This.Name"!
(Humbly asks for forgiveness to the legitimate owner of the avi)
TOWOS

Location: In the wrong place at the wrong time, with the wrong thing to say.

Postby perryl on 04 May 2008 02:00

Anyone?

Anyone??

Bueller???

:wink:
Lee~

S.D. * Mansfield * Saratoga Springs * Holmdel * JB

All I need is some money to spend now!
perryl

Postby animal on 04 May 2008 02:04

I know it's a little late in the game but maybe we should have a designated texter for each show? :lol:
A mind full of useless information.
Quotes are my speciality.

I am the YouTube Whisperer
animal

Postby Madgrad on 04 May 2008 02:19

Well past Gong Time. Show's probably close to over. And no texts? Is it because the textees and the texters are all in Buffalo? :lol:
∑∑∑
Madgrad

Postby TheEqualizer on 04 May 2008 04:05

Jeff/Agroovie1 just posted a mini-review over at TP.com
There is no bigger gong.
TheEqualizer

Postby TheEqualizer on 04 May 2008 04:07

I hope Jeff doesn't mind me posting his TP.com post given the lack of other info here for the time being:

OK kiddies ... back in the hotel room before heading down to the bar. A couple words on the show.

D@mn good!!!

OK, I suppose a few more. Opened with BOTN and Demo Man again. Both are good. I have no problem with BOTN as the opener. Different from Gong & Message, but still a good opener IMHO. The acoustic & electric combo is very good - and Stewart really works on the cymbals. Demo Man is most excellent. Must be experienced in person to really appreciate.

The rest of the songs were pretty much the same, though different in spots. No major differences ... just little things here and there. The boys are still a little rough - flubs and technical problems here and there. Andy hit a wrong chord at the beginning of Do Do Do which caused him - and Sting - to start laughing. Andy also seemed to be looking over at his techs at the beginning of WOTM and his guitar wasn't quite right at that point - but it got better. Stewart had to keep tightening his nuts ... ON HIS DRUMHEAD PEOPLE! Let's keep this review clean. Oh, I didn't notice this myself, but I was told that Sting's fly was open the whole show.

They looked like they had a lot of fun on stage. There was a lot of energy in the songs and they interacted quite a lot. All in all - a very very good show. Perfect? No, but it was very very good.

One scare ... they said goodnight and left the stage right after CSLY and I thought, uh-oh. No Roxanne. Last time they skipped Roxanne, Philly got canceled. But fears were groundless, as they played it when they came back on stage for the encore.

It was (I believe) the same setlist as Ottawa on Thursday.

Someone threw a scarf on stage for Sting. He wore it for a few songs and then, after wiping the sweat off himself, threw it back to the person ... it cam eright back on stage, much to his surprise.

But the best fan interaction of the night was with the SC nutters in the front row. Stewart was pointing to them (and the flag, which was in the 3rd row at the beginning of the show ... only to make it to the front later), counting them off. I guess he recognizes the nut crowd! Betsy had a night - she brought Andy's hat - a baseball hat with wings - to the show, and during EBYT, was waving it at him. He motioned for her to throw it up there - she did, and it made the stage - and he wore it the rest of the show. And at the end, Betsy got Stewart's stick. Good night for her.

BTW - I am going to make arrangements for Betsy to coach Bee on the art of throwing things onto the stage.

EC's set was also good. Sorry Fiction Plane fans ... I prefer Elvis to open. His set was about 50 minutes and he went bang-bang from one song to the next. No stopping for chit-chat between songs. His was also a high energy show.

A very good show. Once they really get back into the groove, it's going to be even better!!

END QUOTE
There is no bigger gong.
TheEqualizer

Postby TheEqualizer on 04 May 2008 04:09

I know I am just talking to myself, but I really like the idea of the main set ending with CSLY instead of Roxanne.

And I just GOT to see pics of Andy in Betsy's hat!!!!! :D :D
There is no bigger gong.
TheEqualizer

Postby shyvixen on 04 May 2008 04:12

Way to go Bets!! :D

Thanks for the report.
Flag bearer - 7/22/2008 Red Rocks
shyvixen

Postby English-lion on 04 May 2008 04:38

[quote="TheEqualizer"] Oh, I didn't notice this myself, but I was told that Sting's fly was open the whole show. [/quote]

:wink: :wink: Oh to be in the front row :wink: :wink:

[quote="TheEqualizer"] Stewart had to keep tightening his nuts ... ON HIS DRUMHEAD PEOPLE! Let's keep this review clean[/quote]

That still sounds dirty ...... :wink: :wink:

[quote="TheEqualizer"] But the best fan interaction of the night was with the SC nutters in the front row. Stewart was pointing to them (and the flag, which was in the 3rd row at the beginning of the show ... only to make it to the front later), counting them off. I guess he recognizes the nut crowd! Betsy had a night - she brought Andy's hat - a baseball hat with wings - to the show, and during EBYT, was waving it at him. He motioned for her to throw it up there - she did, and it made the stage - and he wore it the rest of the show. And at the end, Betsy got Stewart's stick. Good night for her. [/quote]

I was wondering about the hat :D Yeah what a night Betsy!!!!

Need to see pictures :!: :D
Last edited by English-lion on 04 May 2008 04:48, edited 1 time in total.
English-lion

Postby policefan on 04 May 2008 04:46

Thanks EQ.

wow PoliceRule! Andy got some AndyLove :D

Very 8)

and Thank you Stewart.
policefan

Next

Return to THE KRYPTON FORUM