BOTN & Demolition Man - Ottawa May 1st

BOTN & Demolition Man - Ottawa May 1st

Postby dafttart on 02 May 2008 23:19

A You Tube link nicked from TPT :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJuoafNJSvg

Enjoy x

Edited to say... THANKS JOCK x
Last edited by dafttart on 03 May 2008 12:51, edited 1 time in total.
dafttart

Postby IndyGirl on 02 May 2008 23:38

Thanks, dafttart.
IndyGirl

Postby perryl on 02 May 2008 23:53

OH MY GOOD GONG!!! :shock:

I CAN'T wait for them to gel with these songs...they should sound fucking awesome by the time I see them in S.D. :D

Hope the make BOTN a bit longer...cut short too soon!!!!!!!

AWESOME...THANKS!
Lee~

S.D. * Mansfield * Saratoga Springs * Holmdel * JB

All I need is some money to spend now!
perryl

Postby D-A-O on 03 May 2008 00:14

I absolutely love BOTN but ......honestly........I am not keen on that version at ALL.

Demo Man was awesome though.
"Gotta keep my foot right down
If I had wings I'd leave the ground"
D-A-O

Postby Grace on 03 May 2008 00:23

I wept during Demo Man! (but in a good way!)
Grace

Postby smax on 03 May 2008 00:33

bearing in mind the shoddy nature of the sound on that great clip (delay, distortion etc) i thought andy sounded weird at the start til i remembered that;s what's on the record.. but where are the verses ('the afternoon has gently passed me by' is a great lyric)? it could be longer..... and demo man sounded like demo man (my least favourite p'lice song)...

but FUCK ME they're back!, it's still real and they are still the best fucking band ever..... >happy dance<
<---A photo of me with Stewart pointing at a photo of Stewart pointing at me.
smax

Postby D-A-O on 03 May 2008 00:34

Love the play by play:

"it's bring on the night"

"wooooooooo"

"wicked"

Pan to friend with shit eating grin :lol:
"Gotta keep my foot right down
If I had wings I'd leave the ground"
D-A-O

Postby BlueTurtle on 03 May 2008 00:44

Please Sting...you can sing this a little higher, can't you? Sounds like you're not even making an effort....
Yo!
BlueTurtle

Postby DirtyMartini on 03 May 2008 00:53

Hm.

I'm going to wait til after seeing it live tomorrow (YAY TOMORROW!) to get too wanky about the sound/performance -- but structure-wise I really do not think this works as an opening. (Reminds me of the first couple of weeks in the tour, when Don't Stand and Spirits were still near the top of the set -- and were weighing it down.)

BOTN (and this take in particular) doesn't exactly start the show with a (IMO, very appropriate, very necessary) bang. --Or rather, gong. The "Message" opening was (serendipitously) perfect to get both long-time fans and casual listeners on their feet and flipping out -- but to set the opening vibe of the show so languidly? I dunno. Yeah, it's pretty -- and I can imagine it elsewhere -- but I dunno . . .

ETA: Thanks, daft!
Dramatic highlights & a unique musical cosmos. Guaranteed.
DirtyMartini

Postby Laz on 03 May 2008 01:52

I personally really like the concept of starting the show with BOTN... certainly not a bad version, the structure of it could use a little work, though...
I do reserve any further judgment on it until I hear a bootleg or something... the sound quality of the YouTube clip is a bit too crappy for one to really tell what was going on... the VERY beginning of BOTN I personally thought was absolutely amazing, though...

Demolition Man sounded good... again, I'd like to hear a cleaner bootleg or something, though...

Laz
Laz

Postby TheEqualizer on 03 May 2008 02:01

Ok, I liked pretty much everything about BOTN except the vocals. I guess they would be OK if it weren't the opening song. Demolition Man, though FAR from my favorite song, would have been a better choice to open the show.
There is no bigger gong.
TheEqualizer

Postby GinaSuperCat on 03 May 2008 02:26

I absolutely *adored* hearing BOTN as an opening...I wanted to hear Andy play this song, basically...and I thought it sounded rather kick-ass actually...I have to say I *really* liked it, lots...

I sure hope that they stick it out and keep the new songs {and even more, perhaps} even though they haven't been perfecting them for a year--I'd have to say that regardless of how imperfect I thought Spirits was in the beginning, I'd rather hear it than not, now {and given how it was starting to shape up by the time Edmonton rolled around, I think it's last appearance, imagine where it woulda been now}...was pretty freaking lucky to have got to hear it at all, I s'pose...

Demolition Man sounds pretty freaking good to me, given that I knew they've been reworking and even playing BOTN at some soundchecks but heard nothing about Demo Man (what a killer surprise) it really really makes me happy to hear them throw new ones out there (well, new in the relative sense <grin>)

Many thanks for the links...really helps motivate me further to work my ass off so I can so totally enjoy the shows I get to see in July....

WA---F*IN---HOOOOOO---MMMMMMEEEEEOOOOOOWWWWW!!!!
MMMMEEEEEOOOOOOWWWWWW!!!!
GinaSuperCat

Postby Copelandous D'Amour on 03 May 2008 02:29

[quote="D-A-O"]Love the play by play:

"it's bring on the night"

"wooooooooo"

"wicked"

Pan to friend with shit eating grin :lol:[/quote]

That's Jock man. You know Jock! 8)

I thought it was longer and I was there. LOL! I wasn't keen on the low voice... I wanted Andy to do the arpeggios... I'm okay with it as an opener but I'd prefer it as a closer.... Like a fine wine I think it'll get better as the tour goes on. Jones Beach - now that'll be special.
The Other Ones Are Complete Bullshit
Copelandous D'Amour

Postby Madgrad on 03 May 2008 02:36

Not sure what I think about BOTN-- seems too mellow to start the show. Will be interested in hearing the reports after Buffalo. Dammit, Stewart is still too skinny!
Last edited by Madgrad on 03 May 2008 21:19, edited 1 time in total.
∑∑∑
Madgrad

Postby TheEqualizer on 03 May 2008 02:36

[quote="Copelandous D'Amour"]I'm okay with it as an opener but I'd prefer it as a closer.... Like a fine wine I think it'll get better as the tour goes on. Jones Beach - now that'll be special.[/quote]

I agree. Maybe as the first song of the first encore.

I think the song benefited much from Andy rethinking the song on his last album.
There is no bigger gong.
TheEqualizer

Next

Return to THE KRYPTON FORUM