Ottawa concert (spoilers!)

Ottawa concert (spoilers!)

Postby SecretPolicemansOtherBall on 02 May 2008 04:15

I'm crossing posting this from policefans.org, hopefully no one will mind ...

Just got back from the Ottawa show. The crowd certainly had a different energy level than the Montreal show I saw last year (our section, this time, sat through most of the concert). But the setlist also felt different. Starting off slow with Bring on the Night was different, but quite nice. And they did include Demolition Man. But it was Bring on the Night that I was really thankful for. Somehow I completely missed Message in a Bottle (but I was assured by friends that they did play it) -- I must have been in a trance or something.

The audio level was also lower than the Montreal show, so I actually think I appreciated the music more this go around. Finally, the ending was quite nice, with the photo montage of the band members. It was a good concert, though a little low energy on the crowd's part, but that's Ottawa for you.
Last edited by SecretPolicemansOtherBall on 02 May 2008 11:07, edited 1 time in total.
SecretPolicemansOtherBall

Postby visions on 02 May 2008 04:19

Thanks for the posting....:D
Kiss me you fool
Hopping around like a floozie
26/1/2008
visions

Postby stingingintherain on 02 May 2008 04:23

Thanks for sharing!! :D
stingingintherain

Postby shyvixen on 02 May 2008 04:23

Thanks for the report!

I'm psyched about Demolition Man.
Flag bearer - 7/22/2008 Red Rocks
shyvixen

Postby SecretPolicemansOtherBall on 02 May 2008 04:28

The Demolition Man rendition was good, though I don't actually recall if they did anything different with it. I was a little worried at the start of the concert because BOTN was so staid, with an acoustic feel -- so different from their entrance last time with Marley's Get Up Stand Up.

Postby MFF0RD8 on 02 May 2008 04:38

demolition man and bring on the night?! can anyone confirm :)
MFF0RD8

Postby SecretPolicemansOtherBall on 02 May 2008 04:56

What, you think I'm making this up? I was there, and there are already pictures up online from the Ottawa Citizen, showing Sting playing an acoustic guitar during BOTN.

Postby visions on 02 May 2008 05:14

Acoustic guitar? hmmm

maybe they are practicing for the unplug they hadn't done yet
Kiss me you fool
Hopping around like a floozie
26/1/2008
visions

Re: Ottawa concert

Postby DirtyMartini on 02 May 2008 09:27

(Oh, shit! I just started another thread on Ottawa, not seeing the first. D'oh.)

[quote="SecretPolicemansOtherBall"]Somehow I completely missed Message in a Bottle (but I was assured by friends that they did play it) -- I must have been in a trance or something. [/quote]

Hahaha.

[quote="SecretPolicemansOtherBall"]I was a little worried at the start of the concert because BOTN was so staid, with an acoustic feel[/quote]

^That's why I find it weird they're opening with BotN . . . . But I'll wait til I see it in Buffalo to be all complainy.

Thanks for checking in, SPOB!
Dramatic highlights & a unique musical cosmos. Guaranteed.
DirtyMartini

Postby conroy on 02 May 2008 09:36

Awesome. I'm thrilled to hear they are opening with BOTN and following it up with Demolition Man!!!

Did the flag get a lot of love?
conroy

Postby alex on 02 May 2008 10:30

Wow, it was an amazing show! I just got home and it's 6:30 am so I won't write up anything now, but I'll get back to it later. Edited to add....

At one point Sting asked Andy, "What the fuck are you doing?" And no, no fights broke out.
alex

Postby luddite lady on 02 May 2008 10:52

I just got back from the overnight bus ride. Amazing show! Stewart beat the shit out of every song. BOTN was a bit gentle but nice. Everything totally kicked after that. I think BOTN will work nicely to open the outdoor summer shows as it will have just got dark when they get on stage. Demolition Man made me almost fall over. Didn't expect that! Sting looked like he was genuinely enjoying himself up there. Andy was all business but very good. No stupid pan flute gimmick. Shaggy Sting again. Lots of beaver faces. Stewart was really intense, as usual. Black pants. GITM shirt. Lots of flag love. I believe Stewart even blew Buttercup and Grace a kiss at the end! Set list totally revamped order wise plus the couple of new ones. Police Man's Other, could you please edit the thread title to include the words "Spoiler Alert"?
EC gave a great performance too!
More later....Buffalo will be rockin' babies!
Now, I gotta go to Mass. My life is so warped.
luddite lady

Postby perryl on 02 May 2008 10:56

Thanks LL!

BOTN was my guess for 'what song will they open with' before the tour started just for that reason :)

My legs will be shaking like jello when that song starts...
Lee~

S.D. * Mansfield * Saratoga Springs * Holmdel * JB

All I need is some money to spend now!
perryl

Postby Madgrad on 02 May 2008 10:57

[quote="luddite lady"]I just got back from the overnight bus ride. Amazing show! Stewart beat the shit out of every song. BOTN was a bit gentle but nice. Everything totally kicked after that. I think BOTN will work nicely to open the outdoor summer shows as it will have just got dark when they get on stage. Demolition Man made me almost fall over. Didn't expect that! Sting looked like he was genuinely enjoying himself up there. Andy was all business but very good. No stupid pan flute gimmick. Shaggy Sting again. Lots of beaver faces. Stewart was really intense, as usual. Black pants. GITM shirt. Lots of flag love. I believe Stewart even blew Buttercup and Grace a kiss at the end! Set list totally revamped order wise plus the couple of new ones. Police Man's Other, could you please edit the thread title to include the words "Spoiler Alert"?
EC gave a great performance too!
More later....Buffalo will be rockin' babies!
Now, I gotta go to Mass. My life is so warped.[/quote]

Go thank the Big Guy for that amazing show, ll! :wink: :)
∑∑∑
Madgrad

Postby perryl on 02 May 2008 10:58

http://jam.canoe.ca/Music/Artists/P/Pol ... 1-sun.html

Posted by HQ at TP.com

Interesting: "But rocky start aside, they hit their stride on Walking on the Moon, and never looked back, burning through a hit-laden set that kept delivering reminders of what made The Police the definitive singles band of the 1980s."

Haha...yeah...cuz it was the 3rd song on the setlist and they've been playing the rest of the songs for a year on tour!!

Has this guy been under a rock for the past year :twisted:

An early morning WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :lol:

ETA: I posted this in the Flag Spotting thread but thought it should be in here...

*off to work*
Lee~

S.D. * Mansfield * Saratoga Springs * Holmdel * JB

All I need is some money to spend now!
perryl

Next

Return to THE KRYPTON FORUM