Touch the Flag!

Postby BongoBoy on 03 Dec 2007 14:18

So long as DM, Moeskido and Stewart are cool with everything.

All is swell.

I like the idea of the little green parchment sitting in a first class seat in The Police jet.

heh,heh....how can a person be jealous of a Flags life?

BongoGreenWithEnvySeeWhatIdidThere?
BongoBoy

Re: Touch the Flag!

Postby Rhianntp on 03 Dec 2007 15:21

[quote="STEWART"]Sorry folks but I never got the memo about not touching the flag. I haven’t been able to read all 200 posts on this topic so I'm not sure why it's a problem, but if DM can survive being mistaken for DMOTD (where was that anyway, Atlanta?) then she can survive this.

The flag thing is plenty cool with or without sacred rules. And right there at that moment in Monterey the little blast of flag love was a much appreciated boost to morale. I’m a sucker for ritual just like anyone else, and I’m sorry if I screwed this up, but I just couldn’t resist having a closer look at my green touring companion. This has been a long tour for both of us. Would you all freak out completely if I offered the flag a ride on the band jet?

Wish you all could have been in BA last night – it was aMAzing![/quote]

I say a ride on the band jet would be wickedly cool.... or how about hanging it from the front of your bass drum for a show... hehe .. that would get the press talking.. :D
Rhianntp

Postby julietofthespirits on 03 Dec 2007 15:26

YAY!

Stewart, the ride on the jet is a great idea. I am sure there are cameras around anyway and that you would do some directing. I want to see you napping with the flag as your blankie. Or spooning the flag. :wink:

Those who get to do the hand-off from one gig to the next I am sure will be THRILLED! Thanks for playing!!

Juliet
julietofthespirits

Postby DirtyMartini on 03 Dec 2007 16:04

[quote="julietofthespirits"]I want to see you napping with the flag as your blankie. Or spooning the flag. :wink:[/quote]

I think *I* just swallowed my gum.
Dramatic highlights & a unique musical cosmos. Guaranteed.
DirtyMartini

Postby Mary on 03 Dec 2007 16:31

[quote]Would you all freak out completely if I offered the flag a ride on the band jet?[/quote]

Mr. Copeland go ahead!
but make sure that Sting will not use it as a yoga carpet... 8) 8) 8)
Mary
Mary

Postby smudge on 03 Dec 2007 17:08

[quote="DirtyMartini"][quote="julietofthespirits"]I want to see you napping with the flag as your blankie. Or spooning the flag. :wink:[/quote]

I think *I* just swallowed my gum.[/quote]

Spooning? Translation please!
"You can't always do right, but you can always do what's left."
smudge

Postby Divemistress of the Dark on 03 Dec 2007 17:10

Snogging, most likely...
On Google - site:stewartcopeland.net "your keyword here" - thanks DM!!
Divemistress of the Dark

Postby TheEqualizer on 03 Dec 2007 17:12

[quote="smudge"][quote="DirtyMartini"][quote="julietofthespirits"]I want to see you napping with the flag as your blankie. Or spooning the flag. :wink:[/quote]

Spooning? Translation please![/quote]
Spooning is a form of cuddling where one partner hugs the person from behind while both are lying down. The name comes from the fact that in such as position, the two people "fit" together like when you place 2 spoons together in a drawer.
There is no bigger gong.
TheEqualizer

Postby bella on 03 Dec 2007 17:14

[quote="DirtyMartini"][quote="julietofthespirits"]I want to see you napping with the flag as your blankie. Or spooning the flag. :wink:[/quote]

I hear ya, my sister.

xoxo
~none of my pleasures are guilty~
bella

Postby TeresaV on 03 Dec 2007 17:15

[quote="TheEqualizer"[/quote]
Spooning is a form of cuddling where one partner hugs the person from behind while both are lying down. The name comes from the fact that in such as position, the two people "fit" together like when you place 2 spoons together in a drawer.[/quote]

:D very well put EQ!!!!!
TeresaV

Postby Mrs. Gradenko on 03 Dec 2007 17:16

[quote="smudge"]

Spooning? Translation please![/quote]

It's when one person lays on their side, and another lays against the other, hugging, with the crotch against the first person's butt. The one that does the hugging, is considered the big spoon, and the other person the little spoon.

Edit: I guess I type to slow.
Last edited by Mrs. Gradenko on 03 Dec 2007 17:17, edited 1 time in total.
“...and er, did anyone try just pushing this little red button?”
Mrs. Gradenko

Postby GinaSuperCat on 03 Dec 2007 17:16

All these new Blingee avas are making me wonder why I still have my "sox" one from like a half-a-year ago...hahaha, they are truly supah klassy!! <grin>
MMMMEEEEEOOOOOOWWWWWW!!!!
GinaSuperCat

Postby tonydrums on 03 Dec 2007 18:06

[quote="STEWART"]Would you all freak out completely if I offered the flag a ride on the band jet? [/quote]

Nice Stewart! On the "freak out" meter that rates an 8, possibly 9. What would pin the freak out meter to 10 is if you would drape it from the gong on the last show of the tour.
You want something corny?
You got it
tonydrums

Postby TheEqualizer on 03 Dec 2007 18:08

[quote="tonydrums"][quote="STEWART"]Would you all freak out completely if I offered the flag a ride on the band jet? [/quote]

Nice Stewart! On the "freak out" meter that rates an 8, possibly 9. What would pin the freak out meter to 10 is if you would drape it from the gong on the last show of the tour.[/quote]

Maybe have DM do the ceremonial presentation right before the last show.

Not sure what Stingo would think of that. :roll:
There is no bigger gong.
TheEqualizer

Postby Spec A! on 03 Dec 2007 18:19

I think at this point the Flag is going to need it's own post show press conference.

Wow, I have to say I am constantly astounded that there is not only this medium with which we're all able to communicate with our hero and idol (for realz!), but that even through the midst of this tour, we're STILL able to communicate with him! God Damn we love ya STEWART!
And to think we all thought 2007 was amazing, I can't wait to see what next year brings!
Spec A!

PreviousNext

Return to THE KRYPTON FORUM