The following conversation was overheard backstage

Postby empty on 26 Jul 2007 17:49

riders are always good reading.

batteries, clean underwear and tube socks are fairly common- nothing out of the ordinary there.

Mariah Carey had a humdinger a few years back that we posted backstage- it brought tears to peoples eyes ;)

Great story, I got to mix monitors for Axl Rose one day. He fired so many monitor engineers that the tour manager said"right, we are not flying out 3 more guys to do one show." so, all the crew lined up and we all took turns getting fired.

I lasted longer than most at two songs. (No, I am not sting here with my timing). And I was the computerized lighting chick. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
empty

Postby Kalypso on 26 Jul 2007 18:51

Is it true that Axl somewhat morphed into Willam Shatner with all the plastic surgery he had while he was supposed to be recording Chinese Democracy? (And YES, here is a guy with a def. warped sense of time....when was the album due to drop, 10 yrs. ago)?
"Loa-ded, and ready for a-ction! [wink]"
Kalypso

Postby jeffdaweasel on 26 Jul 2007 19:18

[quote="Kalypso"]when was the album due to drop, 10 yrs. ago?[/quote]

I started loaning them (G'n'R) equipment to work on this record over a decade ago, so... yes. I'm actually kind of hoping it *never* comes out. I think that would be more appropriate at this point.

On a more related topic, I'm working my ass off all day writing, and therefore can't write any fun Police screenplay stuff at least until tonight. If some talented person wants to take over for me, you are more than welcome to.
Bird in a flying cage you'll never get to know me well.
jeffdaweasel

Postby Jennythenipper on 26 Jul 2007 20:02

So Axl to has trouble with the concepts of minutes and hours...interesting.

That's OK Weasel. Fuck you and go work. We'll see you tonight.
Thanks to Sockii (you rockii) for awesome Avatar photo!
Jennythenipper

Postby Kalypso on 26 Jul 2007 20:08

[quote="]I'm actually kind of hoping it *never* comes out. I think that would be more appropriate at this point. .[/quote]

Wiser words were never spoken. Slash and Duff (another blond that used to be hotter than hell) were always my favorites anyway, and now they have one of my favorite singers fronting their band "Velvet Rehab". :wink:
Kalypso

Postby empty on 26 Jul 2007 21:54

aaaaah, did you see the lava lamp tour?

That was me at the crucial piece of equipment- the stage right espresso machine!

weasel, may your rental returns never come back, but the invoice gets paid on time. now fuck off and get some fucking work done.
Since I don't have to read funny screenplays maybe I can actually get some work done......
empty

Postby kimmy on 26 Jul 2007 22:23

I feel I need to write something here which is witty, in the vain hope of gettin in the script.....

Yeah I know.....

No chance!!!

Kim

:wink:
kimmy

Postby Kalypso on 26 Jul 2007 22:25

[quote="mtobinjones"]aaaaah, did you see the lava lamp tour?
That was me at the crucial piece of equipment- the stage right espresso machine![/quote]

N.F.W!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I must say, though, as the caffeine whore that I am, that it was an EXTREMELY necessary piece of equipment...you could time the burble with the rhythm section....
Kalypso

Postby jeffdaweasel on 27 Jul 2007 00:26

[quote="mtobinjones"]weasel, may your rental returns never come back, but the invoice gets paid on time.[/quote]

Not only did that gear already get written off, but that entire company went chapter 11 in 2001. It's long gone out of my realm of giving a fuck. :D
Bird in a flying cage you'll never get to know me well.
jeffdaweasel

Postby sockii on 27 Jul 2007 13:56

You guys are killing me with this thread. Carry on! I'd contribute but I'm having too much fun reading...although perhaps I'll try my hand at a little "Things Overheard Volume II"... :wink:
sockii

Postby bella on 27 Jul 2007 15:47

more please... :)
~none of my pleasures are guilty~
bella

Postby Jennythenipper on 27 Jul 2007 16:28

I know it's weasel's turn but I can't resist...

Meanwhile backstage during soundcheck

Tour Manager: Get that catering table back in the corner. And you, (points to Dirty Martini) aren't you supposed to be onstage sorting wires or something. We don't pay you to skulk in Stewart's dressing room.

Dirty Martini: I wasn't skulking. I was just burning every detail into my brain so that I could relate it to the SC forum.

Tour Manager: Yada yada yada. Back to work! Who let those groupies in here?

Dirty Martini: Those aren't groupies. Those are Andy's back up dancers.

Tour Manager: I wondered why they were wearing cotton gauze diapers.

(Andy rounds the corner, talking on his cell phone): Right Miles, like I said these shoes are fuscia. They appear red under the lights. Not pink. How many times do I have to explain--oh hello girls I'll be right with you. Just have to get my bowtie.

Dirty Martini: Wow. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't have seen it with my own eyes. (Hides something underneath her coat)

Tour Manager: You again! You're supposed to be refreshing the water in Sting's neti pot. Not lollygagging around in here!

Dirty Martini: Sorry. (aside) It was worth it. Jenny the Nipper is going to pay me big bucks just to touch these. (pats pair of Stewart's gleaming white pants underneath her coat.)
Jennythenipper

Postby DirtyMartini on 27 Jul 2007 16:50

Hey! Well, in that case . . .

A few minutes later, DirtyMartini positioned behind The Gong, quietly muttering into a cell phone:

DirtyMartini: Yeah, I got the goods, but I can't do it. If I keep 'em, he's got nothing to wear onstage tonight. These poor costumers have to keep rewashing the same manky set of clothes every single night. . . . I know! . . . . Some rider in Sting's contract. Wouldn't want the other guys to out-fashion him or something. Gods forbid he fork over 20 bucks for a new t-shirt . . .

(to passerby) No, that's not fuschia, that's magenta. . . . Last I saw he was praying to his Tele . . . .

(to cell phone) So do you have the coordinates? . . . Hang on, I need something to write on . . . OK, that's 42° 22' North, 71° 2' West. And that's the 15th row stage-left, right? -- No, the other right. That's audience-right. Andy-side. Right? I mean, left? . . . OK, be a doll and see if you can't get the Air Force to fly a weather balloon over that spot for us tonight . . .

(to another passerby) Phaty, I need you to put Stingo down, sweetie. He can't sing in that position.

(to cell phone) Hang on, I'm getting a text from GinaSuperCat. . . . . Something about a floating pig. . . . I think she may be getting her threads mixed up . . . . Yes, I left the short-shorts and tube socks, but I really think he's going to want these pants. . . . Right now? Let me check. (peers around gong) Phaty's kilt . . . Yeah, he must be getting one hell of a breeze from the double kick . . . Crap, I gotta go. Phaty's holding Sting up by the ankles. . . . I don't know -- something about bootleggers and playing with a plek . . . .
Dramatic highlights & a unique musical cosmos. Guaranteed.
DirtyMartini

Postby Jennythenipper on 27 Jul 2007 16:54

Oh DM! You came through! Horah! That was great. And what a good fan you are for not setealing Stewart's Pants when given the opportunity.
Jennythenipper

Postby sandy on 27 Jul 2007 17:22

you guys are brilliant! love the story! :D more please!!
sandy

PreviousNext

Return to THE KRYPTON FORUM