MSG Finale Flag Report, a.k.a., Yes, that flag was THE Flag.

Postby Bry on 14 Aug 2008 22:19

"The story of a woman torn between the man she loves, and the man she's been stalking with an unsanitary piece of green cloth..."

Or something like that... :) :)
~I entertain my Rancid Date~
Bry

Postby conroy on 14 Aug 2008 22:25

Can you imagine if Stewart's rumored symphony started with the Flag Overture??!!!
conroy

Postby TheEqualizer on 14 Aug 2008 22:32

[quote="BongoBoy"]soundtrack by Stewart Copeland.[/quote]

But there's got to be at least 2 Bongo Boy songs on the soundtrack as well. Who can you have a Flag movie without the Flag anthem. And the song over the credits has to be They're Back n Gone.
There is no bigger gong.
TheEqualizer

Postby Divemistress of the Dark on 14 Aug 2008 22:33

[quote]"The story of a woman torn between the man she loves, and the man she's been stalking with an unsanitary piece of green cloth..."
[/quote]

I just spewed soda on my monitor, bry. Thanks for that. ;)

As long is it's all directed by Christopher Nolan! Yeah!! (OK, or maybe Ken Loach...or Alfonso Cuaron...or Michel Gondry...or...etc.)
On Google - site:stewartcopeland.net "your keyword here" - thanks DM!!
Divemistress of the Dark

Postby conroy on 14 Aug 2008 22:36

[quote="Divemistress of the Dark"][quote]"The story of a woman torn between the man she loves, and the man she's been stalking with an unsanitary piece of green cloth..."
[/quote]

I just spewed soda on my monitor, bry. Thanks for that. ;)

As long is it's all directed by Christopher Nolan! Yeah!! (OK, or maybe Ken Loach...or Alfonso Cuaron...or Michel Gondry...or...etc.)[/quote]

This has got David Fincher written all over it ;) Or Jan Svenkmajer if it was told with a surrealist's lense.
conroy

Postby AnyOther on 15 Aug 2008 09:19

Finally got to read the rest of your sotry, DM, and how it evolved in a discussion on movies...May there be many more tales like this one and lots and lots of Stewart-movies and flagthemes!

Thank you!
I only stare this way at you
AnyOther

Postby DirtyMartini on 15 Aug 2008 13:13

[quote="conroy"]if it was told with a surrealist's lense.[/quote]

Oh, this is surreal all right.

[quote="conroy"]Can you imagine if Stewart's rumored symphony started with the Flag Overture??!!![/quote]

I dare you, Copeland.

--and I expect royalties.

Thanks, everyone. Insanity aside, you all done real good, and I'm proud to have mistressed this monstrosity. Thank you.
DirtyMartini

Postby BongoBoy on 15 Aug 2008 13:56

Thanks EQ.

I was considering being a bit assertive and suggesting here and at TP.com to use my songs on the DVD.

Probably the Fan club DVD, no-one could get on The Police retail DVD I would guess. Though they can totally "have " the songs.

I know at the fan club they have photo's of the fans...wouldn't Back n Gone be good with fan photo's going by ?

and maybe someone else has done a Police Thank You song ?

or could I be the only one ?

I feel inspired by Pecos...I should push a little.

Can't get Nuttin unless you try.

Jordan could do a little Flag doc, couldn't he ?

Cheers everyone.

BB.
BongoBoy

Postby Madgrad on 15 Aug 2008 14:00

Go for it, BB. You ABSOLUTELY should. Keep us posted, will ya?
∑∑∑
Madgrad

Postby E on 15 Aug 2008 18:59

Go for it Bongo!!!!!
Music is what feelings sound like.
E

Postby policerule on 15 Aug 2008 23:28

Been absent for a few days and it's taken me about 2 hours (with interruptions) to read this, so....

[quote]Wonder what a$$hat was there in the pit using the lost ticket.[quote]

good question. fucker.

[/quote]Stewart leaned into a hole between bodies to point at a flag and a Pecos in a wig and tiara.[quote]

She was quite a sight in that get-up! Gotta wonder if the guy taking photos for the tour snapped a few of the nutter display.

Grace: That video you found is priceless! All that Stewartness and pointing... fantastic.

[/quote]I'm not sure either of us actually spoke; just a lot of pointing and gesturing and measuring in the dark[quote]

How the HELL did this escape my attention??

[/quote]I had actually pictured something more L-shaped/right-angled rather than something quite so crucifixish, but what the hell. In the name of the Stewart, Sting, Holy Summers, amen.)[quote]

:lol: :lol:

I don’t remember a whole lot of detail during the show, but I do remember you turning to me and saying that it looked like a crucifix.

[/quote]Some folks swear that Stewart said something -- but I didn't hear that.[quote]

HE DID! He pointed at YOU and said something to you, about you…. Damn if I can remember. Fucking drugs. I know that I told you after the show, but I can't remember anymore...

[/quote]At one point I turned around to see the audience behind me, and I saw a line of Thank Yous spread throughout the floor. It was a sight to behold.[quote]

I saw your face when you turned around to look… a thing of beauty (your face and the signs).

Man... It's waayyy kool to know that the flag is in his studio...picture please, Stewart?

It's been such a great experience everyone... thanks for that story, Kel! :D
READY THE BLADE!
policerule

Postby Sarabande on 16 Aug 2008 01:20

Is this thread the greatest.story.EVER?

WOW!!!!!!! This is an amazing tale of a little flag that was seen around the world in one moment by all of the Police fans. Is that incredible or what? Could any of us imagine that it would have ended like this?

As someone who watched via the Best Buy broadcast on the net, the moment THE FLAG was spotted instantly brought about a huge rush of adrenaline for me around 10:48 EST. The moment they came on live was like experiencing the concert all over again. That was followed by watching the CHA balls being kicked about by Andy, and the green spikey balls on stage. It was like I was there in the pit with everyone having a "virtual" experience. I was so thrilled by what I saw in just those three songs that it wasn't until about four hours later that I finally just made myself go to bed and stop looking for nutter's reports here or searching YouTube for clips of the MSG show. I was that excited by the whole thing.

Thinking back on it now, it was probably a good thing I wasn't there;had I actually been at the show seeing it live, they probably would have had to have scraped me off of the ceiling to get me home. :lol:
Sarabande

Postby cpriddims on 16 Aug 2008 06:01

Thank you DM for making it possible for all of us who couldn't be there to actually be there in flag spirit. Amazing story at MSG.

It's been over a year since the flag journey started at Bonnaroo, and 9 months since I last saw Stew and the boys. But reading this thread made me feel the excitement again for The Police that I first felt before the first show...that electricity, you know.

I just realized..I now think part of the reason I initially signed the flag too big at Bonnaroo and Miami was that I was COMPLETELY unaware of how far the little green flag that could, and would, go. But you weren't! You were diligent and focused and you somehow knew that damn little flag was in it for the long ass haul.

Your fantastic dedication and will to see it thru has succeeded.

Congratulations, and we all love you!
Bonnaroo, Miami (front row), Tampa, Atlanta, SAVANNAH!
cpriddims

Postby DirtyMartini on 16 Aug 2008 22:21

Thank you, everyone. It means a lot to me to know how much this all has meant to you guys.

And go for it, Bongo! Good luck!
DirtyMartini

Postby MariaH on 17 Aug 2008 05:34

ugh, I have a headache from trying to read through the tears.

i remember hearing/seeing flaggy at MSG1 in 07 and thought why dont I ever think of such a cool idea!

it was great to watch [thru pictures] his little green 2-Dness fly around the world to catch the points from Stewart.
it did mean alot to know the story and just added another special thing to this tour.

The tour & meeting everyone and hearing all he stories has been like Herion thats why its so hard to come down!!

I had pretty much lost my voice after the PNC show and didnt get it back until this past tuesday from screaming. [i missed my chance to hold the flag that night] but its all good! :-)
I was busy dancing and partying.

Im so glad that stewart has finally gotten the flag and that you Kell got to get it to him. I know you say it wasnt about you but its only fair that it started with & should end with you doing the hand off [my2c] :o :?

your story: I've saved into a little file so I can remember this in the nursing home.

now to just one last picture....
Stewart?
Happy Halloweenie
MariaH

PreviousNext

Return to THE KRYPTON FORUM