Madame was so Stewpid in class

Postby shyvixen on 16 Jun 2008 17:46

[quote="luddite lady"]
Madame went to Madison Square Gardens in New York. She met Nancyrose, Betsy and Kate there. She met Stewart Copeland near the end of the concert.
The Police entered the concert with loud cries (from) the fans. (In French, it says loud cries to the fans. That could be right, too) The music was fantastic and the concert was great! Madame surfed the crowd and they became amused. Suddenly Madame went on stage and she sang with The Police. The manager listened to Madame and gave her a recording contract. Madame decided not (to take) the contract because she kept her teaching job. Madame loved the students at her school.[/quote]

This one is my favorite so far too. What a fun class!
Flag bearer - 7/22/2008 Red Rocks
shyvixen

Postby luddite lady on 28 Jun 2008 04:07

Between life, ticketgate, and DM's Belfast chronicles, I haven't had time to post my other class' stories about the final MSG gig. However, I've got some free time now because school's out for the summer.....Whoohooo! I ain't seeing that place again until the end of August.
There were a couple of creative entries in this class. I'll post the most bizarre one tonight and save the grand prize winner for tomorrow. For those of you new to this, my students wrote these stories in their simple French and I'm translating them to English as faithfully as possible.

Before the concert the whole team of the New York Rangers (a professional hockey team) secretly entered Madison Square Garden after practice. Sean Avery (a Ranger) put toxic gas in the air vents. The audience became mythical creatures because of the gas. Sting became a bee. He stung Sean Avery and he had an allergic reaction. Stewart Copeland's sticks became light sabres and killed the mythical creatures. Andy flew away with the wings of his hat. They lived happily ever after.
luddite lady

Postby samburusunset on 28 Jun 2008 04:17

This last one was tres creative Madame.
Stewart and Stanley together again!! YO!
samburusunset

Postby luddite lady on 03 Jul 2008 17:46

All right, this is in honour of Schmaffy's vacation and to prove to myself that I can work to a deadline.

This is the last story by my students about the final Police show at MSG. No ticket screw arounds here!
This last group asked me a lot of questions to get some context to their story. They heard one answer wrong with pretty funny results, as you'll see, and they really should have asked a question about the marital status of a certain drum god. Don't smite them, Stewart. Don't smite them, Fiona.

Before the concert, Madame and her friends ate in Fat Andy's Truck Stop. Stewart Copeland went to the restaurant. He met the group and gave back stage passes.
During the concert, Madame and her friends watched the concert from back stage. Andy Summers' hat came to life and he flew all over the stage. The guitar fell from his hands. After the concert Stewart and Madame left to have supper and they fell in love. Madame is Stewart's girl friend. The Police are going to continue making music. In three years Madame and Stewart are getting married.
luddite lady

Postby Schmaffy on 03 Jul 2008 17:49

Oh, that is just priceless. You made my day!!! Thanks!!! :lol:

Why wait three years???? Jump the man, now!!!!! :oops:

(sorry Stewart)
Letting my raven tresses wave with nameless grace.
Schmaffy

Postby luddite lady on 03 Jul 2008 17:53

Hey, these are Catholic school kids writing this stuff as part of a Catholic school assignment! With three years to go, they'd have us barely holding hands at this point. We gotta leave room between us for the Holy Spirit, you know.
luddite lady

Postby Schmaffy on 03 Jul 2008 17:57

[quote="luddite lady"]Hey, these are Catholic school kids writing this stuff as part of a Catholic school assignment! With three years to go, they'd have us barely holding hands at this point. We gotta leave room between us for the Holy Spirit, you know.[/quote]

Honey, I'm a 12-year Catholic school refugee myself. Believe me, I know of what I speak!!!!

Thanks for giving me a reason to not leave town with my profile stuck on post #666... :twisted: :twisted:
Letting my raven tresses wave with nameless grace.
Schmaffy

Postby nancyrose on 03 Jul 2008 18:13

[quote="luddite lady"]Madame went to Madison Square Gardens in New York. She met Nancyrose, Betsy and Kate there. She met Stewart Copeland near the end of the concert.
The Police entered the concert with loud cries (from) the fans. (In French, it says loud cries to the fans. That could be right, too) The music was fantastic and the concert was great! Madame surfed the crowd and they became amused. Suddenly Madame went on stage and she sang with The Police. The manager listened to Madame and gave her a recording contract. Madame decided not (to take) the contract because she kept her teaching job. Madame loved the students at her school.[/quote]

OMG, this is FANTASTIC!! If I won the lottery I would whisk all these kids down to NY for an all-expense paid trip so they could be at the last show!! They clearly love their teacher!!
To be truly radical is to make hope possible, rather than despair convincing.
nancyrose

Postby policerule on 03 Jul 2008 18:18

[quote="luddite lady"]
Before the concert the whole team of the New York Rangers (a professional hockey team) secretly entered Madison Square Garden after practice. Sean Avery (a Ranger) put toxic gas in the air vents. The audience became mythical creatures because of the gas. Sting became a bee. He stung Sean Avery and he had an allergic reaction. Stewart Copeland's sticks became light sabres and killed the mythical creatures. Andy flew away with the wings of his hat. They lived happily ever after.[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

So.... you don't like the Rangers then? Good, they are in my division. :twisted:

Where's the wedding? Am I invited? :lol:

Great stories! All of them!
READY THE BLADE!
policerule

Postby luddite lady on 05 Jul 2008 05:23

Thanks everybody for your lovely replies and your initial encouragement that got this whole ball rolling. I've had so much fun with it. After my Buffalo experience, my big fear was surviving two months of school and being an adult before I got to think much about my final batch of concerts. This stuff blended work and nutterdom and made the two months fly by.
Thanks, too for indulging me with my students' stories. I'm kind of proud of the little buggers. However, I felt like one of those grannies that bore people with hundreds of snapshots of their grandkids. Thanks for putting up with me. I hope to see a lot of you in person pretty soon.
luddite lady

Postby ToxtethOGradyZQT on 05 Jul 2008 16:33

I've just read through this thread. It looks like you have an exceptional group of students who are extremely fortunate to have you as their teacher! The stories, both yours and the students', definitely made me chuckle. I wish I had been lucky enough to have a class like this. :D

This makes me want to pull out my old textbooks and revisit the French language (though it's doubtful I'll find any example translations as amusing and thoroughly enjoyable as the ones posted here).
ToxtethOGradyZQT

Previous

Return to THE KRYPTON FORUM