and the special announcement on Tuesday is....

Postby OutlandoGirl on 05 May 2008 17:12

I think the word "stunning" in the Fox item is interesting. It has to be pretty major to be "stunning."

I've said all along....free last show in CP.
I could be replaced by any bright spark.
OutlandoGirl

Location: Wherever my fickle, fangirly heart takes me. Which hasn't been here, lately. lol.

Postby be my girl sally on 05 May 2008 17:26

Reading the Fox story again it says :

Ironically, on Tuesday Sting and The Police — separate from the Foundation — are set to make a stunning presentation to Mayor Michael Bloomberg regarding New York City and the environment. The Police have been exploring a way to make an environmental gift for months.

It talks about making a "presentation" to Mayor Bloomberg. It doesn't sound like a concert announcement to me. I mean nothing says environment gift like thousands of people littering and trampling over Central Park :wink:

My guess is some sort of gift to be used at the World Trade Center site.
be my girl sally

Postby Divemistress of the Dark on 05 May 2008 17:28

I know a bunch of fans would go bananas with joy over a free-show-in-CP announcement, but I think my last show would likely be JB1 if it were a ticketless show (meaning zillions of people) in a venue that size (short folks can't see squat - even if you get there ten hours early and wear Depends - thanks to the drunken, eight-foot jerks that invariably populate shows like that...)

Also, if it's the Friday after JB, that means four or five days of hotel in the metro NYC area, which would be well over $1000. Just can't swing that, I don't think.
Last edited by Divemistress of the Dark on 05 May 2008 17:36, edited 2 times in total.
On Google - site:stewartcopeland.net "your keyword here" - thanks DM!!
Divemistress of the Dark

Postby bella on 05 May 2008 17:32

Maybe they are going to donate their entire take from one show to some worthy cause.
~none of my pleasures are guilty~
bella

Postby TOWOS on 05 May 2008 19:04

[quote="OutlandoGirl"]I think the word "stunning" in the Fox item is interesting. It has to be pretty major to be "stunning."
.[/quote]

Erm...Stewart announcing that he is supporting Hillary Clinton? :lol: :lol: :lo
"I.Know.This.Name"!
(Humbly asks for forgiveness to the legitimate owner of the avi)
TOWOS

Location: In the wrong place at the wrong time, with the wrong thing to say.

Postby BongoBoy on 05 May 2008 20:18

...crap monkey !

I thought maybe they were adding a Bongo player.

heh,heh,...ha,...ha...he....h.....awwww...crap.

Sorry.
BongoBoy

Postby conroy on 05 May 2008 20:26

I imagine it will be something that will involve an agonizing, Sophie's Choice-type of decision or an O. Henry-esque sacrifice to get to whatever that announcement may be..
conroy

Postby E on 05 May 2008 20:44

THREADJACK: Conroy, I have been intrigued by your *ahem* "location." Could you elaborate? WOOOOOOOOOOOO thank you!
Music is what feelings sound like.
E

Postby policerule on 05 May 2008 20:50

[quote="E"]THREADJACK: Conroy, I have been intrigued by your *ahem* "location." Could you elaborate? WOOOOOOOOOOOO thank you![/quote]

an oldie, but a goody... con, you want to change your avatar and explain?
READY THE BLADE!
policerule

Postby TheEqualizer on 05 May 2008 21:13

As a Vegas guy, I'd put money on the announcement being solely about some donation being made to NY that relates to the environment and nothing to do with any new concert announcements.

But what do I know. I went to the Mirage the day of the Super Bowl intent on putting money on the Giants but chickened out the last minute.
There is no bigger gong.
TheEqualizer

Postby Divemistress of the Dark on 05 May 2008 21:24

Yeah...I rooted my ass off for Big Brown at the Derby but also failed to bet...(cue Chris Farley smacking himself in the head - stupid! ;))
On Google - site:stewartcopeland.net "your keyword here" - thanks DM!!
Divemistress of the Dark

Postby sockii on 05 May 2008 21:56

The more I think about it, the more i think it's going to be a "free"/benefit Central Park concert, in support of some kind of environmental project, with tickets alloted first/primarily to fan club members. Similar to the Dave Matthews concert in Central Park in 2003.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Central_Park_Concert

And hey, I'll admit it--I will be pissed and I will think it's unfair if the bulk of the tickets are only made available to fanclub members, mostly because afaic the fanclub does not accurately represent the true fanbase for the band. A huge portion of those tickets are only going to go to brokers/scalpers who bought club memberships on the expectation of reselling tickets at a premium price. Those of us who refused to support the club on prinicipal would be SOL unless we have someone who can get us a ticket. And I still think $100 is an insane premium to be asking for a club on faith and no real promise of what you'd get for the money.

And...yeah. Maybe/hopefully I'm just being overly cynical and pessimistic today. But that's my prediction. Suppose we'll all find out tomorrow.
sockii

Postby samburusunset on 05 May 2008 22:18

If they have a freebie show in Central Park how could they donate the proceeds to an environmental cause?

I don't know about the ticket sales for JB2 (I personally doubt they're as stupendous as they imagined they'd be - I really think Stewart ought to run these things by us first 8) We are (sometimes) the voice of reason.) but maybe they're going to announce the tickets sales of that show will be donated to an environmental cause with the hope that they'd get more asses in the seats. For the cause of course. That leaves the concession and merchandise sales for however, and with whomever, it gets split up.
Y'all know it ain't gonna hurt anyone much in the scheme of things.

Who knows.
Stewart and Stanley together again!! YO!
samburusunset

Postby William Wallace on 05 May 2008 22:33

The Police coming to play @ Murrayfield in Edinburgh, just roond the corner from ma wee hoose. Thats what the announcement is :roll: . Nah, theres more chance of them recording a new album than the boys coming to Bonnie Scotland.
The dog just bit my leg,
My teenage daughter ran away..........
William Wallace

Postby TheEqualizer on 05 May 2008 22:38

I'm actually quite surprised that they did not play Scotland. Just seems odd that they didn't.
There is no bigger gong.
TheEqualizer

PreviousNext

Return to THE KRYPTON FORUM