and the special announcement on Tuesday is....

Postby sockii on 05 May 2008 15:26

[quote="be my girl sally"]I am also leaning towards a "final show" announcement. But doesn't it seem wierd that this is the week Sting with be in NY for the Rainforest gig. There are plenty of days before and after this gig to do "something" else while he is in NY.

If it is a final show then I will not be going. I have been a fan since the late 70's and I already have a worthless ticket for Jones Beach #1. If I end up with another worthless ticket for Jones Beach #2 then they have all the money I got, witch I guess was the plan all along.

I will just tuck my old Police records back on the shelf and resume my otherwise happy life.[/quote]

BMGS, I was able to sell my Jones Beach #1 tickets very quickly on Craigslist for full face value. Like within 2 days of listing it.

I'm just saying...I might end up doing the same thing with my Jones Beach #2 tickets as well, depending on what happens with tomorrow's "announcement".
sockii

Postby nancyrose on 05 May 2008 15:28

[quote="sockii"]I'm only paranoid if ticket sales are on Saturday morning...when a bunch of us are going to be at the Melanoma Walk! :?[/quote]

That would give new meaning to the expression "no good deed shall go unpunished!"

FWIW, my bet's on Central Park!
To be truly radical is to make hope possible, rather than despair convincing.
nancyrose

Postby Divemistress of the Dark on 05 May 2008 15:38

I dunno. LisaSpear over on TPT brought up a good point...why would they play a free show that week when there are still tix for sale for JB2...

Guess I'm starting to think it's likely Sting's rainforest gig.
On Google - site:stewartcopeland.net "your keyword here" - thanks DM!!
Divemistress of the Dark

Postby bella on 05 May 2008 15:38

FREE CONCERT! FREE CONCERT!

What other way to get the largest crowd in music history?!!

FREE CONCERT! FREE CONCERT!!

<hands on ears> Na na na na to the naysayers!!

:lol:
~none of my pleasures are guilty~
bella

Postby Divemistress of the Dark on 05 May 2008 15:40

(sorry sweetie. Guess I lost faith in LiveNation's willingness to do anything out of pure altruism a while ago...if it were just Stewart lining things up, I'd be right in there with you, but I think his hands are tied on a lot of these decisions.)
Divemistress of the Dark

Postby be my girl sally on 05 May 2008 15:41

[quote]BMGS, I was able to sell my Jones Beach #1 tickets very quickly on Craigslist for full face value. Like within 2 days of listing it.

I'm just saying...I might end up doing the same thing with my Jones Beach #2 tickets as well, depending on what happens with tomorrow's "announcement".[/quote]

I was able to sell one of my JB #1 tickets to someone here on the boards. I still have another one that I need to get rid of. I have tried craigslist, Ebay and Stubhub with no luck. I am even trying to sell it for well below face value. I assume I will have the same luck with the JB#2 ticket.

I just can't imagine them doing a free Central Park concert after people have shelled out well over $200 for a seat at 2 shows that were held a couple of days before. It just seems like a huge slap in the face to the faithful. It may turn out to be one of those things that sound good "in the bubble" (as Stewart says) but when put into pratice hurts a lot of people.

I guess we will find out Tuesday.
be my girl sally

Postby bella on 05 May 2008 15:49

<hands on ears> na na na na

:lol:
bella

Postby be my girl sally on 05 May 2008 15:57

The other thing that doesn't make sense is why add a second Jones Beach show if they were planning on doing "something big" right after.
be my girl sally

Postby Mister Gradenko on 05 May 2008 15:59

So is it that The Police will play the rainforest gig and not Sting solo?
'Life was easy when it was boring.'

Twickenham
Wembley
???
Mister Gradenko

Postby sockii on 05 May 2008 16:01

[quote="be my girl sally"]The other thing that doesn't make sense is why add a second Jones Beach show if they were planning on doing "something big" right after.[/quote]

MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY.
sockii

Postby be my girl sally on 05 May 2008 16:06

[quote]MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY[/quote]

But that show is not even halfway sold out yet. If they do something right after, the JB#2 show will go unsold.
be my girl sally

Postby bella on 05 May 2008 16:07

Life doesn't always make sense.

8)
bella

Postby Larissa on 05 May 2008 16:17

[quote="E"]More like "NEW LAST SHOW DATE ADDED"[/quote]
*crosses every appendage*
[quote="visions"]Coming back to Melbourne just for me :P

I know...........

never in a million years

a girl can dream :wink:[/quote]

Hee, two girls can dream, Jan. :wink:

Can someone (ie sockii, Jan, Kel, anyone else who has my email) beep me once you find out, I'm working nightshift so may well be asleep when the news comes through...I'm going to be in NY that week anyhoo, so wouldn't want to miss out. Cheers my lovelies.
Is rock dead? Yes. But I believe in necrophilia.-DEG.
050907 260108 210708 220708 070808
Larissa

Postby copeland_girl5 on 05 May 2008 16:48

[quote="sockii"][quote="E"]More like "NEW LAST SHOW DATE ADDED"[/quote]

That's what I'm betting on. :roll:[/quote]

I don't have enough time to get thru the thread...but I'm with Sockii...(livenation bastards)... :evil:
"No man is poor that has friends." -- Clarence the Angel, It's a Wonderful Life
copeland_girl5

Postby Divemistress of the Dark on 05 May 2008 17:09

Maybe the announcement is they're cancelling JB #2 so those of us who bought tix for #1 won't be completely hosed...(;) Kidding. I can't say that in seriousness since a bunch of fans sold their JB1 tix after JB2 was announced.)

Here's what they REALLY ought to do: Cancel both JB shows and make tix purchased for either of them good for a separate show somewhere else. In, say, Kansas, so it's equally easy or difficult for folks from both coasts, Chicago, etc., to get to. ;)
Divemistress of the Dark

PreviousNext

Return to THE KRYPTON FORUM