and the special announcement on Tuesday is....

Postby Madgrad on 05 May 2008 11:20

Some of us aren't in our 30s anymore, alex. :wink:

Nice post, btw. Good insights often come out of fatigue.
∑∑∑
Madgrad

Postby animal on 05 May 2008 11:28

[quote="thedaner"][quote="sameoldbuttercup"]I just read yesterday that Amy Winehouse had chucked her plans to record the theme. Although that would have been pretty cool, hearing The Police do it would be, like, you know, so totally, like, awesome.[/quote]

I keep reading about The Police's cameo in the movie where they play..themselves. Apparently Bond chases someone through an arena where The Boys are playing. Has this been confirmed or debunked, anyone?[/quote]

Call me superstitous or paranoid, but I don't want the boys anywhere near this movie, with all the issues there have been.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/a ... ge_id=1773
A mind full of useless information.
Quotes are my speciality.

I am the YouTube Whisperer
animal

Postby Madgrad on 05 May 2008 11:31

[quote="animal"][quote="thedaner"][quote="sameoldbuttercup"]I just read yesterday that Amy Winehouse had chucked her plans to record the theme. Although that would have been pretty cool, hearing The Police do it would be, like, you know, so totally, like, awesome.[/quote]

I keep reading about The Police's cameo in the movie where they play..themselves. Apparently Bond chases someone through an arena where The Boys are playing. Has this been confirmed or debunked, anyone?[/quote]

Call me superstitous or paranoid, but I don't want the boys anywhere near this movie, with all the issues there have been.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/a ... ge_id=1773[/quote]

That, and it would be cheesy as hell imo.
∑∑∑
Madgrad

Postby sockii on 05 May 2008 12:46

[quote="samburusunset"]Mmmmm.....last show in Central Park. I'd buy that as the major announcement. Don't know how I feel about it. I've got my Citi Card primed and ready to go too, Sock. That is assuming they don't announce the show at 10 and put the tickets on sale at 10:15 or some other knuckle headed move like that.[/quote]

I'm only paranoid if ticket sales are on Saturday morning...when a bunch of us are going to be at the Melanoma Walk! :?
sockii

Postby sockii on 05 May 2008 13:05

Just for kicks and giggles, I've set up a poll at pf.o on what folks think tomorrow's announcement is going to be. Let's see how good our spidey-sense is working!

http://www.policefans.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=466
sockii

Postby policerule on 05 May 2008 13:16

hoping that it's the REAL final show and that it's on a weekend on the east coast. :wink:
READY THE BLADE!
policerule

Postby conroy on 05 May 2008 13:31

Well, it was reported over the weekend that Amy Whinehouse's new Bond theme has been pulled:

http://www.nme.com/news/amy-winehouse/36391

Although, I think tomorrow's announcement will be the last New York show announcement.
conroy

Postby sockii on 05 May 2008 13:37

[quote="conroy"]
Although, I think tomorrow's announcement will be the last New York show announcement.[/quote]

I agree. I think it's too much of a "hype-up" to be anything short of a big tour-related thing, as in another concert, and a really fucking big concert.
sockii

Postby samburusunset on 05 May 2008 13:44

[quote="samburusunset"]Mmmmm.....last show in Central Park. I'd buy that as the major announcement. Don't know how I feel about it. I've got my Citi Card primed and ready to go too, Sock. That is assuming they don't announce the show at 10 and put the tickets on sale at 10:15 or some other knuckle headed move like that.[/quote]

I'm only paranoid if ticket sales are on Saturday morning...when a bunch of us are going to be at the Melanoma Walk!

No, no,no. I meant that I hoped any potential show would be on a weekend. Not the ticket sale. Tickets for new shows tend to go on sale Friday mornings. Well, let's not get our panties in a bunch yet.

Besides Stewart's gonna save the best seat for his Nutters just like he did in Savannah *heh* :wink:
Stewart and Stanley together again!! YO!
samburusunset

Postby Divemistress of the Dark on 05 May 2008 14:02

Yeah, I think it's another concert, too. Mostly because of Stewart talking about the fans being irked over Jones Beach in last week's interview.

I dunno. I'll be pretty PO'd if you can only get tickets with a Citicard, since I don't think owning a chunk of some corporation has anything to do with being a diehard music fan...and since I'm also still a paid member of TPT. (If it turns out to be a TPT thing you better believe I'll buy as many tix as I can get for people here.)

Although...I'm a little iffy about a huge concert in NYC, if only for the fact that hotels cost a fortune in that area and I'm a little allergic to huge-crowd concerts at venues with which I'm not familiar...I'm a short person and when it's 50,000 people, invariably some 6'9" jackass comes to stand directly in front of me the minute the show starts, despite the fact I got there six hours early to stake out a good spot. And it'll be hotter than hell in NYC in August, too...

In contrast to some others, I love the Police, but I'm also enthusiastically awaiting the return of Stewart's solo projects. So if it's some general-admission huge-venue concert where I have not a hope in hell of actually being able to see the band, I think I'll sit this one out and start counting down the days for the return of Oysterhead!!!! (Or Gizmo, or Orchestralli...hell, I'm not picky ;))
On Google - site:stewartcopeland.net "your keyword here" - thanks DM!!
Divemistress of the Dark

Postby sockii on 05 May 2008 14:23

>I'll be pretty PO'd if you can only get tickets with a Citicard

I highly doubt it would be an "only" case. Just that there might be another presale for Citicard holders, with it not even necessarily being the best tickets.

>Although...I'm a little iffy about a huge concert in NYC, if only for the
>fact that hotels cost a fortune in that area and I'm a little allergic to
>huge-crowd concerts at venues with which I'm not familiar...

I won't be planning an overnight in NYC, that's for certain. But it's an easy trip from NY to Philly so as per usual I can offer some crash space to folks who aren't going to want to hang out in NY afterwards (there's always the 3am southbound train! :))
sockii

Postby policerule on 05 May 2008 14:30

well, we'll find out in less than 24 hours!

hope it's worth all the hype.
READY THE BLADE!
policerule

Postby Divemistress of the Dark on 05 May 2008 14:36

[quote]But it's an easy trip from NY to Philly so as per usual I can offer some crash space to folks who aren't going to want to hang out in NY afterwards (there's always the 3am southbound train! Smile)[/quote]

Truly, you are a goddess, sock.

(I have a SIL in Hoboken, but she works out of her apartment, so if she's got a heavy client load that week I can't crash on the couch...I'll definitely find out if she wants to come to the show or hang out with us, though. She's insanely cool, has a second job bartending at Maxwell's, loves good music, etc.)
On Google - site:stewartcopeland.net "your keyword here" - thanks DM!!
Divemistress of the Dark

Postby GinaSuperCat on 05 May 2008 15:02

I can't think anymore with everything that's been going on...out of speculation gas, so to speak...I just don't know if I could handle an unplugged or fan club gig announcement, this poor little cat can only take so much excitement and is just about maxxed out right now...<grin>

I'd actually kinda be surprised if it was a huge venue final show, given that things in small venues haven't been selling out across the board...I know Jones Beach doesn't seem like a 'final' venue but a huge-ass MSG type show at the end of such a big tour is kinda hard for me to foresee (especially after two nights in LI)--so my $ would be on a fan club kinda thingy...but, as I said, I don't have much of a brain right now <grin>
MMMMEEEEEOOOOOOWWWWWW!!!!
GinaSuperCat

Postby be my girl sally on 05 May 2008 15:10

I am also leaning towards a "final show" announcement. But doesn't it seem wierd that this is the week Sting with be in NY for the Rainforest gig. There are plenty of days before and after this gig to do "something" else while he is in NY.

If it is a final show then I will not be going. I have been a fan since the late 70's and I already have a worthless ticket for Jones Beach #1. If I end up with another worthless ticket for Jones Beach #2 then they have all the money I got, witch I guess was the plan all along.

I will just tuck my old Police records back on the shelf and resume my otherwise happy life.
be my girl sally

PreviousNext

Return to THE KRYPTON FORUM