and the special announcement on Tuesday is....

Postby sockii on 04 May 2008 18:42

[quote="TOWOS"]Agree with sockii on the most likely...
Hope: THE UNPLUGGED RECORD![/quote]

Just keep those credit cards handy, 'cause if they announce on Tuesday there might be (pre)sales by the end of the week.

Glad I cleared off the balance on my citicard. If this is what the announcement is about and I can buy extra tickets on it for folks, I'll try, but it's unfortunately my one card that doesn't have a very high credit limit. :?
sockii

Postby njperry on 04 May 2008 19:21

I am with E and Sockii on what is most likely

I am with TOWOS on what is to be hoped for.

Could be DVD release but I strongly suspect it is a closing date or dates of Tourzilla.
SC-There are a few crazy people on this planet. Sure sign of that is that they kinda like my music
njperry

hmm

Postby giovanni on 04 May 2008 20:35

hmmm let me see.... if it will be another NYC show, I'm afraid soooo many friends of mine will be a little upset...I've heard of so many friends going to NYC for the final show that another one will definitely ruin all their plans...
...but at the same time I may invent something to find a way and try to come and see my friends in the US!!!

Or what else can be...maybe the release of the DVD or something else, maybe the box set Craig told us about?

Maybe another contest?
By the way, the 'mother of all contest' (RedRocks) is killing me! That's the best contest ever and thinking that everyone in the planet can partecipate isn't that fair... they should have done it only for fans.

Which other news could it be....
OH YESSSSS....VAN HALEN TOURING EUROPE!!! That would be amazing, especially if they will come down to Milano.
(I already got the Paris Sting shows in November to spend money for...)
Giovanni
StewartCopeland.net
giovanni

Postby Jose on 04 May 2008 22:18

[quote="dafttart"][quote="Jose"]what announcement?? am I away...in other planet?? :? :lol:[/quote]

Hi José :D

There is a banner on TPT.com stating, "PLEASE STAY TUNED FOR A VERY SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT ON TUESDAY..."

The tension rises!!!! :wink:

lol, Helen xx[/quote]

Uhmmm I see.....ok working ideas... some voices inside my head contact in synchronicity with The Police tells me the rehumanization of ourselves could take with the mixing of some predictable possibilities:

1. Launch of DVD concert box set
2. Unplugged album???
3. Sting new visions in the night tells himself the best bet is continue working with Andy and Stewart???
4. New dates in South America including PERU!!! Argentina again? Cuba? :roll: :P
5. Henry Padovani again with The Police at UK and playing "Fall Out"???

Oh my God.... excuse if I am a bit rude...but I want to tells you in capital letters:

I NEED MORE POLICE!!! I WANT A NEW POLICE STUDIO ALBUM!!! I BET THIS BAND WILL PRODUCE THE BEST RECORD OF THE XXI CENTURY WITH ALL THEIR INDIVIDUAL BACKGROUND EXPERIENCE AND NEW TECH!!!

PS: If some of you "Policemen" wont like to touring again...it's ok... remeber "The Beatles" recorded albums after they decided not touring again... But myself says me I want more tour :lol: I am crazy about The Police... pardon me :roll:
"One World is enough for all of us"
http://the-police-al-peru.blogspot.com/
Jose

Postby dafttart on 04 May 2008 22:23

I heart Jose

:D
dafttart

Postby visions on 05 May 2008 01:29

Coming back to Melbourne just for me :P

I know...........

never in a million years

a girl can dream :wink:
Kiss me you fool
Hopping around like a floozie
26/1/2008
visions

Postby TOWOS on 05 May 2008 01:31

The Truth Certainly Lies in Gio's Post (somewhere....) 8)
"I.Know.This.Name"!
(Humbly asks for forgiveness to the legitimate owner of the avi)
TOWOS

Location: In the wrong place at the wrong time, with the wrong thing to say.

Postby animal on 05 May 2008 01:32

Or did Fox News let the cat out of the bag.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,354116,00.html

At the bottom of the story...

on Tuesday Sting and The Police — separate from the Foundation — are set to make a stunning presentation to Mayor Michael Bloomberg regarding New York City and the environment. The Police have been exploring a way to make an environmental gift for months.
A mind full of useless information.
Quotes are my speciality.

I am the YouTube Whisperer
animal

Postby Madgrad on 05 May 2008 01:35

[quote="animal"]Or did Fox News let the cat out of the bag.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,354116,00.html

At the bottom of the story...

on Tuesday Sting and The Police — separate from the Foundation — are set to make a stunning presentation to Mayor Michael Bloomberg regarding New York City and the environment. The Police have been exploring a way to make an environmental gift for months.[/quote]

Maybe somebody's suggestion of having the final show in Central Park isn't so far off. . .
∑∑∑
Madgrad

Postby Susan on 05 May 2008 01:40

I saw the Fox News article and had been thinking the announcement would be something about the final final final, we mean it, show. I suspect it could be a Central Park show and tied to that is some kind of big gift to the city in support of the million trees program, etc.

Agreed it's going to be tough if it is too many days after the JB shows, but it may be possible to change returning flights...find cheaper hotels, etc.

Even if there is no performance or anything really for the fans in this, I'm excited to hear there is some kind of presentation being made to the city.
Susan

Re: hmm

Postby sockii on 05 May 2008 01:57

[quote="giovanni"]
Which other news could it be....
OH YESSSSS....VAN HALEN TOURING EUROPE!!! That would be amazing, especially if they will come down to Milano.
(I already got the Paris Sting shows in November to spend money for...)[/quote]

He he he. vespa and I are going for our 3rd Van Halen show this coming Friday in Atlantic City - we managed 4th row tickets and are pretty psyched about that :)
sockii

Postby English-lion on 05 May 2008 02:17

Last concert LIVE on pay for view .......

At Victoria B.C. Canada

Or large tree planted in NY :P
English-lion

Postby alex on 05 May 2008 02:28

I hope it is another show even though I plan on attending both Jones Beach shows. If it is, I think it means that they can't deal with the fact that it is the end, as they have stated so many times. I mean seriously, what one of them would want this to end? Trust me, I understand wanting to do your own thing, where you get to be the BOSS and it all works according to your plan. But I also belive that the reason you get into any artistic career is so you can make other people happy. That's what drives you.

I firmly believe that they have all learned a lesson, mostly Sting. And the lesson is, what's wrong with making all these people happy? I was listening to 96.9 fm after the show, as they played a commercial free rendition of the show. In it they had a tiny bit of talk. The most impressive was the fact The Police didn't include Buffalo in the 84 tour. That is until a radio dj staged a sit in. I forget his name, but he would not leave the air until The Police came to Buffalo. I have no idea how long he stayed on the air, but it worked. They ended up playing the old Aud. No wonder the reveiws for Buffalo were so great. Yes it might have been the best show so far, but it took two to make that happen.

In my humble opinion, this is what's so great about being back together. Back in 84 we were all kids. If we got to one show, and I was too young to go. But that was the end of the line. So now they're in their 50's and we're in our 30's. All of us are in our prime as far as earnings are concerned. We all go to multiple shows with no regrets on what we pay as we can afford it. As a collective group, including the band, we made this one of the biggest tours of all time. But this is only a drop in the bucket. A new studio album in 09 would be monsterous, and the tour to follow would smash any piddly records this one made.

So you know what guys? Fight all you want. Call each other names, do whatever it takes, you know why? Sorry in advance if I offend anyone with this...... none of you solo can compare to the three of you intact. Don't get me wrong, I'll still buy and attend anything you ever do solo again. Especially Sting, as I feel a real debt of gratitude to you. And I'm sure I'll have a good time, even if it doesn't hurt to touch the steering wheel because I was clapping like an idiot.

This tangent was brought to you due to the fact that I was at Ottawa, drove home the same night, went to work, hardly slept again, went back to work and ditched early to go to Buffalo. That and the fact I'm mad at myself for not going to Columbus, even if I have a flight in 5 hours and you're just getting ready for an encore
alex

Postby samburusunset on 05 May 2008 03:04

Mmmmm.....last show in Central Park. I'd buy that as the major announcement. Don't know how I feel about it. I've got my Citi Card primed and ready to go too, Sock. That is assuming they don't announce the show at 10 and put the tickets on sale at 10:15 or some other knuckle headed move like that. If it is the announcement of the final final final we mean it show, I hope it's on the weekend.

Gio, I agree with you about the Red Rocks contest. It should've been just for the fans. But, then I'm not really surprised it isn't.
Stewart and Stanley together again!! YO!
samburusunset

Postby george on 05 May 2008 10:13

New music/Unplugged ?

Why announce something that hasn't been recorded yet (unless we missed something, but Stewart has been adamnant that The Police isn't about new music). James Bond...well if Amy has drooped out, they're going to surely replace her with a similar "youth" act (Duffy ? Alex Turner ?)

Tour DVD ?
Maybe, but I don't really see the point in releasing anything in mid may as it's not really a period of the year where people buy stuff...but then again maybe Universal can capitalise in the last tour leg promotion.

Last concert ?
Look at it this way, all of "the big announcements" that TP has talked about so far have concerned the Tour, so it's obviously "A big finalé show" as Jones Beah was never official named the "Last" show. My money would be a free Central park concert in August.
george

PreviousNext

Return to THE KRYPTON FORUM