Touch the Flag!

Postby Nessy1337 on 02 Dec 2007 18:24

well said nancyrose :lol:
http://www.freewebs.com/andysummersforums/
myspace.com/vanessacourtney
Nessy1337

Re: Touch the Flag!

Postby DirtyMartini on 02 Dec 2007 18:30

Flagmistress here. I swear that every one of you people -- SC included -- is going to give me an ulcer.

Stewart, love the thread title.

[quote="STEWART"]Sorry folks but I never got the memo about not touching the flag. I haven’t been able to read all 200 posts on this topic so I'm not sure why it's a problem,[/quote]

Please don't worry about it. Practical issues aside, it's more sound than fury at this point. Strange things happen to a flag on the road.

[quote="STEWART"]but if DM can survive being mistaken for DMOTD (where was that anyway, Atlanta?) then she can survive this.[/quote]

Haha. It gave me lots of excuses to mock your eyesight. (Please don't smite me.) Like I've said -- so long as you don't call any of us by any wives' or kids' names, you're fine. But next time I'm making a total ass of myself on your behalf, I'll try to remember a nametag.

[quote="STEWART"]The flag thing is plenty cool with or without sacred rules. And right there at that moment in Monterey the little blast of flag love was a much appreciated boost to morale. I’m a sucker for ritual just like anyone else, and I’m sorry if I screwed this up, but I just couldn’t resist having a closer look at my green touring companion. This has been a long tour for both of us.[/quote]

Damn it, you are so not allowed to be sorry -- not just because you didn't do anything wrong, but because that makes me feel crappy by extension. So quit it. Damn it. That's an order.

It is wonderful to know that seeing and feeling up that crappy little cloth has brought a bit of happiness on Tourzilla, Stewart. That is its purpose, after all. Apologies if it got fresh -- one too many and that little sucker can get pretty grabby. I do hope you washed your hands after.

[quote="STEWART"]Would you all freak out completely if I offered the flag a ride on the band jet?[/quote]

Don't you toy with me, Copeland.

Stewart, you have brought a lot of psychotic joy to a lot of people around the world. It feels great to know that by stalking you with a half-assed arts project, we have been able to give a little of that joy back. And I am honored to be one of the select women in the world who can now proudly and truthfully say that Stewart Fucking Copeland has fingered her flag.

BTW, thanks for spotting the Flag and Joe, the Savior of Krypton, yesterday. If you want to catch some flag loving today, stingingintherain will be teasing you with it from somewhere on the front pitch.

Have a great show, and BLOW UP BUENOS AIRES TONIGHT, STEWART!!!

And as always, thank you.

(My thanks to the billions of you psychos who have frantically emailed, called, and texted me.)
Last edited by DirtyMartini on 03 Dec 2007 05:01, edited 1 time in total.
Dramatic highlights & a unique musical cosmos. Guaranteed.
DirtyMartini

Postby Rapa Nui on 02 Dec 2007 18:43

Stewart quote:(Wish you all could have been in BA last night – it was aMAzing!))

Thank you !!!, I have been the most amazing night i all my life,

THANK YOU SO MUCH

GOOD LUCK FOR THE REST OF THE TOUR
FEDE - BUENOS AIRES - ARGENTINA
December 1- 2007-The police in BA!
Rapa Nui

Postby policerule on 02 Dec 2007 18:45

[quote]It is wonderful to know that seeing and feeling up that crappy little cloth has brought a bit of happiness on Tourzilla, Stewart. That is its purpose, after all. Apologies if it got fresh -- one too many and that little sucker can get pretty grabby. I do hope you washed your hands after.
[/quote]

it never occurred to me that he might have been holding the flag so gingerly BECAUSE of the germs! :lol:
READY THE BLADE!
policerule

Postby irishrose1969 on 02 Dec 2007 18:47

Good to hear from you Stewart. Yippee. Glad to see you are having so much fun out there. That is the important thing, that along with being safe and healthy of course. (wear your coats) Much love to you.
Proud Flagbearer Vegas 08
It is fun to be on Stewart Copeland's Wall.
irishrose1969

Postby conroy on 02 Dec 2007 19:07

Oh my god. That would rock if the flag got first class treatment on the tour jet! It deserves it after the world wide adventure it has been on and has yet to go. Would you guys be taking the tour jet plane home after the last show? That would be awesome if DM got to present it to you at the last show (beforehand) and you could display it triumphantly as a part of your drum kit. There have to be photos if it goes on tour plane!!!!
conroy

Postby luddite lady on 02 Dec 2007 19:14

Wow! Thanks so much Stewart for checking in. I'm trying to get my head around the idea that in his post the man himself verified a few of the suppositions I made in my long winded essay. Holy, Holy crap! You gotta remember this is all coming from the dumb ass who saw the flag for the first time in a Toronto train station less than a month ago. And after rubbing my few brain cells together, I decided it was a flag supporting a non-existant Kentucky hockey team!
Wow...still trying to get my head around it...still trying...yup, still trying...ouch...my brain hurts!
luddite lady

Postby dafttart on 02 Dec 2007 19:15

OMG, Stewart you are a legend :D

Your post has just put all the fun and WAAAAAAAY more back into the world tour of the green menace. It's such a blast that you're enjoying this as much as we are :D
dafttart

Well done!

Postby foxy on 02 Dec 2007 19:15

I like this quote: "The flag thing is plenty cool with or without sacred rules. "
foxy

Postby IndyGirl on 02 Dec 2007 19:18

Stewart, we've had a lot of fun waving the crazy green Flag. I'm glad you've enjoyed seeing it. Lots more tour & Flag stops to go.
IndyGirl

Postby TheEqualizer on 02 Dec 2007 19:26

You smile in those pics were enough for me, STEWART!!!

ROCK ON!!!! And schedule some West Coast shows while you're at it!!!!!!
There is no bigger gong.
TheEqualizer

Postby kimmy on 02 Dec 2007 20:03

Mr Copeland, Sir....

You are a legend!

That is why I love you!! :oops:

Kimmy

:wink:
kimmy

Re: Touch the Flag!

Postby TOWOS on 02 Dec 2007 20:03

[quote="STEWART"]Sorry folks but I never got the memo about not touching the flag. I haven’t been able to read all 200 posts on this topic so I'm not sure why it's a problem, but if DM can survive being mistaken for DMOTD (where was that anyway, Atlanta?) then she can survive this.

The flag thing is plenty cool with or without sacred rules. And right there at that moment in Monterey the little blast of flag love was a much appreciated boost to morale. I’m a sucker for ritual just like anyone else, and I’m sorry if I screwed this up, but I just couldn’t resist having a closer look at my green touring companion. This has been a long tour for both of us. Would you all freak out completely if I offered the flag a ride on the band jet?

Wish you all could have been in BA last night – it was aMAzing![/quote]

That is why we love you, Stewart! - I mean LOVE - You are COOLER than Antartica!
And yes, I wouldn't have wanted to be anywhere else yesterday night.
Congratulations, Maestro, for what sounded like a huge success and for your class and humor (Why did they break the mold after you?)
XX
"I.Know.This.Name"!
(Humbly asks for forgiveness to the legitimate owner of the avi)
TOWOS

Location: In the wrong place at the wrong time, with the wrong thing to say.

Postby sixteenlaps on 02 Dec 2007 20:03

Glad to hear that meeting the Flag made your tour happier, which is always a good thing to do.

Those pictures were priceless.

(Dont forget to come back to Philly at some point STEWART!) :)
sixteenlaps

Postby bella on 02 Dec 2007 20:08

I think I just swallowed my gum...
~none of my pleasures are guilty~
bella

PreviousNext

Return to THE KRYPTON FORUM