OUR FIRST DISASTER GIG!

Postby visions on 31 May 2007 12:04

Never mind Stewart we all make mistakes.

It reminds me about what you said about other concerts. Every concert you tried different things, some worked and others didn't, but look at the music you created over the years. Nothing ever goes as plan and I am just happy how you guys just laughed over it.

As for your real fans we will voice our thoughts but always back you and it's so unreal how you read what we say.

I watched youtube the other day of the arrive at go-go and you were the only one who actually stopped and talked to people who appreciate who you are and sighed what ever. That my friend makes you a better person.

We are all human and all make mistakes but I love your passion for life and what you believe in. The Police or your work.

I am so proud of what you have done as a person and how you treat other people.

Just keep rocking Stewart and I can't wait until you come to Australia.

Love this and enjoy the ride, you deserve this.

Jan.
Kiss me you fool
Hopping around like a floozie
26/1/2008
visions

Postby blueseattle on 31 May 2007 12:18

I think it'd be bad ass to mess it all up, stop midway, you stand up and shrug saying "We ready to do this yet?" and then go right into a totally different song. Haha.

That'd be ballsy.
"If Miami hasn't got it, they haven't invented it yet."

http://www.myspace.com/blueseattle
blueseattle

Re: OUR FIRST DISASTER GIG!

Postby DirtyMartini on 31 May 2007 12:32

Mr. Copeland, sir -- You. Are. Gorgeous. for sharing this with us.

I can't tell which is more awesome -- that SC was thinking of Dietmar or that this is the performance that Dietmar liked best!

(Hmm . . . you guys did great when GinaSuperCat, SamburuSunset, nancyrose, and I were in the house. I do believe it may be necessary to fly us out to all the gigs -- you know, just as a precaution.)

And it's so cool to hear details on how the show is evolving.

GREAT to hear that you guys are having a good time. Congrats on getting through the disaster gig ahead of schedule. And as always,

Thank you, Stewart!
Last edited by DirtyMartini on 31 May 2007 12:41, edited 1 time in total.
Dramatic highlights & a unique musical cosmos. Guaranteed.
DirtyMartini

Postby Bonty on 31 May 2007 12:37

'ThaNK u STEWART FOR THIS GREAT article.....

We are with you my drum hero.....

Hi Yo Ho

Markus

See U in Düsseldorf on October the 13........2007
There is only one best DRUMMER of da World: MR.STEWART COPELAND !!!!!
Bonty

Postby BongoBoy on 31 May 2007 12:38

Boy is it fun to hear the inside scoop !

How nice is it to share with fans?, Thanks Stewart.

I think the most important point in the whole story is "we still are having fun".

Mistakes always happen, but the Karma is still intact !

....it's when you are on you second last song and you look out and find the audience have left....that's when things are bad.

Music is human and we love The Police no matter what.

the clips I have seen are stupendious, Fantastico !

CHEERS !!!
BongoBoy

Postby lisaspear on 31 May 2007 13:01

Stewart, I absolutely love to see how much fun you guys are having. And I could care less about the mistakes. I am just thrilled to have you all back together. 58 days until Fenway. See you then!! Mistakes or not, it will surely be the highlight of my existence. :)
lisaspear

Postby JMRL on 31 May 2007 13:30

Great post Stewart!!!! Thanks for sharing this with us. I have not participated much in the forum before and it´s incredible for me to be answering a post from YOU!!!!! I can´t wait for july 5th in Chicago and december 4th and 5th here in Buenos Aires!!!!

Joe
JMRL

Postby zilboy on 31 May 2007 13:42

Any broken bones?
Any loss of blood?
Any broken hearts?

No?

Then KEEP ON ROCKIN'!

You're the greatest, Stewart!
zilboy

Postby Midori on 31 May 2007 14:34

STEWART!
Great to hear from you about that memorable Vancouver
gig. The best part of your post is--you were thinking about Dietmar.

I think those days would be the most unforggetable concerts in whole reunion tour after they finish.

Things would be better and better when our lovely trio go on rocking! :wink:

You Are superb drummer, Stewart!

Can't wait to see you in Munich, Sep.22.

MIDORI
Midori

Postby razorboy on 31 May 2007 14:39

mistakes are great... taking chances is a beautiful thing, even if you have to bleed for it for a couple minutes. keep rocking stewart - pedal to the metal! thanks for the update!!
"i have to fake it when i deal with the system..."
razorboy

Postby Copelandous D'Amour on 31 May 2007 15:06

Thanks for checking in with your adoring fans Stewart.

I was lucky enough to catch you guys at the fan club show and opening night. 2nd row for the fan club show- did you point at me during the intro? Or somebody behind me? 8)

I thought they went quite smoothly all things considered. Non-nerd fans probably don't hear any technical mistakes. I'm sure all the bugs will be worked out by the time you hit Toronto... right?

I just wanted to echo that the new arrangements are fantastic. Especially Walking In Your Footsteps and Every Little Thing. Truly highlights of the show for me. Some great stuff happening all over the place really. I'm not big on the slower Don't Stand and Murder by Numbers and I would die if you added Bring on the Night but that's my own secret wish.

This was a long weekend I won't ever forget. Music history in the making. I'm writing an epic review of the shows on my Police myspace group if you want to check it out. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!
The Other Ones Are Complete Bullshit
Copelandous D'Amour

Postby Uccellina on 31 May 2007 15:09

Ahhh....how nice to hear from the MAN himself right after the show. What a gift !
Stewart, you are wonderful (you are really reading these posts!), this site is wonderful !
And I thank you all who went to the show and let me know how it was. I feel happy being here.

:D :D :D
Uccellina
Last edited by Uccellina on 31 May 2007 15:34, edited 1 time in total.
Uccellina

Postby Divemistress of the Dark on 31 May 2007 15:10

What did I tell you? That he'd be in here telling us how terrible he was, after every reviewer on earth just about wet their pants slobbering over his performance this weekend...

WE'RE GONNA GET MORE DINNER TALES!!! Oh man. STEWART, you have just made a whole lot of people very happy. Now, about that version of "Does Everyone Stare" you're gonna do at Bonnaroo...;)
Last edited by Divemistress of the Dark on 31 May 2007 15:10, edited 1 time in total.
On Google - site:stewartcopeland.net "your keyword here" - thanks DM!!
Divemistress of the Dark

Postby Mary on 31 May 2007 15:10

I will keep my eyes on you Stewart!
8)
is Roxanne like the old one? better be...
Mary
Mary

Postby Spec A! on 31 May 2007 15:12

Hopping on the bandwagon here to echo the same:

Thank you so much for not only thinking of us, but continuing to communicate with us, share your glorious and not so glorious moments, and further cementing in each of us just how awesome this whole thing is, for you, and for us!!

I think any fan of any band out there would be hard pressed to find such an amazing connection that we all have here with you STEWART! Again, not only your work as a drummer and musician, but as a person continues to inspire me and blow me away. How awesome it would be to meet you one day!!!

Continue to have fun my friend, because that's what this is all about! I can't wait to see you guys in Houston in 4 weeks from tomorrow!!! :D
Spec A!

PreviousNext

Return to THE KRYPTON FORUM