WELCOME TO THE OFFICIAL SITE OF STEWART COPELAND: STAY TUNED AND KEEP THE BEAT. YO!!

Heads Up about TPT DVD Announcement...

Heads Up about TPT DVD Announcement...

Postby GinaSuperCat on 29 Feb 2008 19:14

Hey all I am literally out the door at this moment on the way to Charlotte to check on mum's house before visiting the lovely Divemistress (SQUEEEE), but just saw this while checking if I had any new pm's on TPT...

Thought you would all want to know, especially the call for photos & the blurb about the flag...I don't have time to word my thoughts eloquently, but my reaction was indeed visceral...

02.29.08 Legacy Fan Club members to receive DVD...
We can now confirm that Legacy club members will receive a unique Fan Club DVD later this year. This premium gift will be posted to members once the tour is completed, while a PDF tour book will be emailed to members at that time. The DVD will feature exclusive materials from throughout the tour including much unseen footage from Canada, the United States, Mexico, South America, Europe, Japan and Hawaii. The DVD will also include additional digital content such as photo libraries, Police wallpapers, icons, and screensavers.

We want both the tour book and DVD to include lots of your personal photos from the tour and are therefore encouraging your help. Please note, if you submit a photo we can not promise it will be used in the DVD or the tour book.

Specifically, we are looking for:

a. Any great photos you have taken of the band on stage.

b. Any great photos you have taken at pre or post show fan get togethers, parties and/or tailgates.

c. If you've been a bearer of Stewart's flag, we'd love photos of you with it to accompany some terrific video footage we have of Stewart chatting about the flag.

If you have any photos you'd like to submit for possible inclusion on the DVD and/or the tour book please email them to photos@thepolice.com before the end of March. High def photos, the larger the better, would be best and please include a full description of where the photo was taken, who is in it, and who took it, etc. Please do not submit photos that are copy written by others or photos taken by those you do not know. You can review ThePolice.com's terms of use for content submitted to the site at terms of use.

We're looking forward to seeing what you've got to help make both the DVD and tour book a fan orientated memento documenting what a great tour this has been!
Last edited by GinaSuperCat on 29 Feb 2008 19:16, edited 1 time in total.
MMMMEEEEEOOOOOOWWWWWW!!!!
GinaSuperCat

Postby Lynne on 29 Feb 2008 19:16

I am particularly intrigued by item (c).
... trained by the CIA to accept vast quantities of information at high speed in binary code
Lynne

Location: "Forty-something now, but still looking pretty good."

Postby samburusunset on 29 Feb 2008 19:21

OMG! :shock:
Stewart's Flag!!
Kel, do you have any pics of the flag in it's infancy?

I wonder what Stewart's said about the flag??!!

I imagine alot of Jordan's footage is going to be on this DVD.
Stewart and Stanley together again!! YO!
samburusunset

Postby TheEqualizer on 29 Feb 2008 19:26

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
THUNK
There is no bigger gong.
TheEqualizer

Postby TOWOS on 29 Feb 2008 19:26

We Have Made it: The Flag's outta the Bag...

Still, paying $100 for it will make me excommunicated. And divorced. :cry: :cry:
"I.Know.This.Name"!
(Humbly asks for forgiveness to the legitimate owner of the avi)
TOWOS

Location: In the wrong place at the wrong time, with the wrong thing to say.

Postby TheEqualizer on 29 Feb 2008 19:28

[quote="TOWOS"]We Have Made it: The Flag's outta the Bag...

Still, paying $100 for it will make me excommunicated. And divorced. :cry: :cry:[/quote]

Its available only to Legacy fan club member so joining now would do you no good. But I'm sure we'll be able to get a copy somehow. :wink: :D
There is no bigger gong.
TheEqualizer

Postby TOWOS on 29 Feb 2008 19:30

[quote="TheEqualizer"]
Its available only to Legacy fan club member so joining now would do you no good. But I'm sure we'll be able to get a copy somehow. :wink: :D[/quote]

----and somebody will get a Monument in Fairfax's Broadway....(btw I am just learning about "legacy" members...Being computer literate - when it does not come to torrent downloads - I guessed they were kind of V.1.0 fans.....)
"I.Know.This.Name"!
TOWOS

Postby TheEqualizer on 29 Feb 2008 19:46

[quote="samburusunset"]OMG! :shock:
Stewart's Flag!!
Kel, do you have any pics of the flag in it's infancy? [/quote]

*imagining the Flag in a diaper drinking milk from a bottle*
There is no bigger gong.
TheEqualizer

Postby Madgrad on 29 Feb 2008 19:55

[quote="TheEqualizer"][quote="samburusunset"]OMG! :shock:
Stewart's Flag!!
Kel, do you have any pics of the flag in it's infancy? [/quote]

*imagining the Flag in a diaper drinking milk from a bottle*[/quote]

Awwwww, I'll bet Flaggy was so CUTE when he was young and innocent! :wink:

This is very cool! Get those photos in, flag-bearers! :D
∑∑∑
Madgrad

Postby PapaCat on 29 Feb 2008 20:03

Remember folks: Your photos are YOUR property. If you were the one holding the camera and taking the picture, NO ONE can use those photos without your permission. If you have excellent photos, then they have value and you have a right to be compensated for those photographs.

Even if you have posted them to the web, posted them on the forums, put them in Flickr or YouTube, whatever, they are still your property and you control the rights to their reproduction in any media or distribution.

If you give the TPT fan club a photo or video without any compensation, then you are letting them make money off of you without giving you anything in return. That is all cool as long as you are willing to donate without any compensation. I know many did not renew and are not "legacy" members and hence will not receive the DVD and PDF booklet. Right now TPT is not compensating people for giving them the content that they will use on this video, but they are making a profit from the fanclub.

In the end, this has been my problem with TPT from day one: It is not run like a fanclub, but more like a for-profit enterprise to fleece fans with minimal return. Ultrastar is, in my opinion, analogous to scalpers. They take your $100 (and really anybody's $100 who will pony it up) to get you a random lottery shot at a better ticket. They operate as profiteers and NOT as fans. In fact, I have seen very little that they do for the fans at all.

My opinion is that if you have excellent video or photos and they want to use them, then they should compensate you for those with a one-year free legacy membership. Otherwise, they are just yet again ripping off the fans to line their own pockets.

Would you give Ticketmaster your photos to use in their promotions without expecting them to provide you anything at all in return?
PapaCat

Postby sockii on 29 Feb 2008 20:30

OK, is anyone but me kind of PISSED OFF at the stuff about the Flag?

It's not a TPT fanclub thing. I kind of resent them trying to promote it/get content for legacy fanclub folks through it.

I just...argh.

I'm going to shut my mouth but I'll just say they aren't getting a fucking thing from me related to the flag or anything else. To me that stays where fans don't fucking have to PAY for content.
sockii

Postby sockii on 29 Feb 2008 20:32

PS: Fucking AMEN, PapaCat.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I'm really seeing red right now.
sockii

Postby TOWOS on 29 Feb 2008 20:38

Heh! TPT should be called HTSPF (How To Screw Police Fans)....
Surprise!

Hope that DM, Moeskido and the flagbearers read your post, Papacat.
Or has TPT asked your permission, guys?
Heck you have to get a disclaimer from people in the street if you're a newscaster! Some people might actually NOT want to be on TV...

It feels like once the Flag is out of the Bag:
- it does not belong to us anymore
- it goes from Alternative to Mainstream (sell out)
- it's the End of the intimate little joke between Stewart and his private little site.
:cry: :cry: :cry:
"I.Know.This.Name"!
TOWOS

Postby Max Taffey on 29 Feb 2008 20:39

I was waiting to see how long it would take for this to be turned into a negative. :roll:
Max Taffey

Postby E on 29 Feb 2008 20:41

[quote="PapaCat"] Ultrastar is, in my opinion, analogous to scalpers. They take your $100 (and really anybody's $100 who will pony it up) to get you a random lottery shot at a better ticket. They operate as profiteers and NOT as fans. In fact, I have seen very little that they do for the fans at all.[/quote]

Good point, and interestingly enough, the best seat choices in my case, were the "free access" General Sale, I got AMAZING seats!! The "$100 extra" fan club tickets were pretty crappy, even w/ looking to purchase right when the sale started. The "free access" Elvis Costello tix were way better than the Fan Club tix!

my 2 cents
Music is what feelings sound like.
E

Next

Return to THE KRYPTON FORUM