WELCOME TO THE OFFICIAL SITE OF STEWART COPELAND: STAY TUNED AND KEEP THE BEAT. YO!!

Touch the Flag!

Touch the Flag!

Postby STEWART on 02 Dec 2007 16:58

Sorry folks but I never got the memo about not touching the flag. I haven’t been able to read all 200 posts on this topic so I'm not sure why it's a problem, but if DM can survive being mistaken for DMOTD (where was that anyway, Atlanta?) then she can survive this.

The flag thing is plenty cool with or without sacred rules. And right there at that moment in Monterey the little blast of flag love was a much appreciated boost to morale. I’m a sucker for ritual just like anyone else, and I’m sorry if I screwed this up, but I just couldn’t resist having a closer look at my green touring companion. This has been a long tour for both of us. Would you all freak out completely if I offered the flag a ride on the band jet?

Wish you all could have been in BA last night – it was aMAzing!
STEWART

Postby sameoldbuttercup on 02 Dec 2007 17:01

I can't speak for the rest of your peeps, STEWART, but I am pretty sure you didn't do anything wrong.

:)

Can you give DM that ride, instead of the Flag, though?
"And now I've done some growing up..."
sameoldbuttercup

Postby Madgrad on 02 Dec 2007 17:01

Kool with a kapital K. :D
∑∑∑
Madgrad

Postby Nautilus on 02 Dec 2007 17:02

La voce della ragione e del buon senso...complimenti!!!
Nautilus

Postby TeresaV on 02 Dec 2007 17:02

:D Thank you for checking in!! That poor green guy has been thru hell and it seems appropriate that he get some kudos too. :D

BTW: I think it's KOOL that you met him!!! :D :D

WE LOVE YOU STEWART!!!
Last edited by TeresaV on 02 Dec 2007 17:07, edited 1 time in total.
TeresaV

Postby empty on 02 Dec 2007 17:06

STEWART!

Fuck! Awesome!

I never like to speak for a crowd, just louder than it, but I think we're over it and ALSO thankful for the Friggin adorable pics!

If we boosted morale and gave you a giggle, well, then I believe that is well within the intention. Wait, that is EXACTLY the intention. And rules are only made to make sure the intention is intact. So, they need to be flexible right?

DM will need to answer, but I think we would all just peee if the flag booted a ride on the jet. We'd need official and non-official photogs to document this.

However, and please do not be offended, but I am thinking that might get nixed. Do you really think YOU are more reliable than FEDEX? <ducks>

Hell, we haven't even asked Charlie to carry it, though it probably would have been easier on DM. I think the point is that WE need to sweat it out, right?
But, you know, you get to bend all the rules- they are for you after all doofus, I mean Maestro. So, a special dispensation?

Anyway, glad you and flag got to get over a little of that mounting sexual tension between the two of you.
Frankly, getting anywhere near it is nearly a little too squee inducing even for me. And the rest of us.

Now that you've had your first kiss, we hope you won't lose interest! :wink:

There are more flag bearers waiting to show you the love.Thanks for giving Joe such special points in Buenos Aires. He RESCUED the flag single-handedly, so he deserves the love right back!

Take care and keep stopping in!

Now, perhaps you might want to rest before BEATING THE BEJEZZUZ OUT OF BUENOS AIRES AGAIN TONIGHT????????????

ps, you made MY sunday.
empty

Postby policefan on 02 Dec 2007 17:06

Stewart: if DM can survive being mistaken for DMOTD (where was that anyway, Atlanta?) then she can survive this

I think so too.
policefan

Postby Susan on 02 Dec 2007 17:08

Stewart, it's great to hear from you! If you're happy, then we're happy :lol:
Glad to hear the little green man has brought you much joy. Your offer to give it a ride in the band's jet, however, may prompt 200 more posts.
Susan

Postby Duke on 02 Dec 2007 17:08

Not really sure what's going on but I think it's cool as fuckery that the flag made it to you. I've been out of the loop a bit.

Oh and play Memphis!

And break out Deathwish for me.

It's the only way. :)
Let fury have the hour/Anger can be power - j. strummer.
Duke

Postby shyvixen on 02 Dec 2007 17:09

If you're going to let the flag ride on the band jet, don't let it have any booze. That when the trouble starts. And don't let Sting near it, since it seems he's pretty susceptible to germs.

Thanks for checking up on us STEWART!
Flag bearer - 7/22/2008 Red Rocks
shyvixen

Postby policerule on 02 Dec 2007 17:10

think the DM/DMOTD thing was Charlotte Stewart.

i don't know about the flag, but i sure would like a ride on the band jet :wink: :lol:

i'm sure DM is just fine. issue totally blown out of proportion. thanks for checking in!

8)
READY THE BLADE!
policerule

Postby empty on 02 Dec 2007 17:10

Oh, and the night you mistook DM for DMOTD was in CHArlotte STEWART.

It's ok, we were just pleased you noticed us and our dorky little flag replacement signs. Made the public humiliation all worthwhile.

besides, DMOTD is one bad ass sexy baitch! Could be worse.

(though we are getting nametags for Savannah. LARGE PRINT.)
empty

Re: Touch the Flag!

Postby English-lion on 02 Dec 2007 17:18

[quote="STEWART"]This has been a long tour for both of us. Would you all freak out completely if I offered the flag a ride on the band jet?![/quote]

:wink: :wink: :wink: I volunteer to be its body guard I'll do what ever it takes make sure that Stewart and the rest of the boys don't see it :wink: :wink: :wink:
Last edited by English-lion on 02 Dec 2007 17:30, edited 1 time in total.
English-lion

Postby TeresaV on 02 Dec 2007 17:20

[quote="policerule"]i don't know about the flag, but i sure would like a ride on the band jet :wink: 8)[/quote]

8) ME TOO 8)
TeresaV

Postby smudge on 02 Dec 2007 17:26

I'm not entirely sure that DM will survive that post..... :D
"You can't always do right, but you can always do what's left."
smudge

Next

Return to THE KRYPTON FORUM