Want to hook up with fellow SC.netters AND show your support for STEWART at the same time? Volunteer to be a Flag-Bearer of Copelandia!
Some lovely Copelanders have volunteered to take my humble little flag ( http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b85/y ... b/flag.jpg
) on a trip ‘round the world. The goal is for the flag to fly at as many Police gigs as possible, gathering signatures of Copelanders along the way.
Eventually – assuming it survives – I’ll find a way to get it to The Stewart as the nastiest, rattiest, lovingest, most battle-scarred keepsake that Fiona has ever banned from entering the Copeland household.
In order to make this work, I ask that all volunteers agree to the following:
As a Flag-Bearer of Copelandia, I understand that I’m serving as a representative of Copelandia and thus must act accordingly. Therefore,
1. I promise to handle the flag as carefully as is possible/reasonable because I understand that it is not very well made and that it will need to survive a great deal of travel and punishment over the next few months.
2. I promise to restrict my flag-waving to appropriate moments (such as between songs and during curtain calls) out of respect for the view of fellow audience members and to avoid having the flag confiscated because I acted like a jerk.
3. I promise to willingly serve as a point-person to whom fellow Copelanders may gravitate so that said citizens may sign the back.
4. I promise to restrict Copelanders to signing their name/screen name ONLY on the back of the flag because I understand that in order to accommodate as many signatures as possible, space on this wee flag must be rationed.
5. I promise to mail the flag and its accouterments via expedited service (Priority Mail, FedEx, UPS, etc) to its next location promptly and well-packaged and to cover the postage costs therein required. I promise that I will NOT ship it via regular mail because of the risk of the flag getting lost, delayed, and/or mangled.
If you agree to the above terms and would like to volunteer, please send me an email with your user name, real name, address, and phone number (required for expedited mail service), and I will set up a mailing schedule. Also please let me know if there will be someone home to sign for the package or if it must be sent with no signature required. Please do understand that because of timing, it won’t be possible for the flag to go everywhere, but I will do my best during the tour hiatus to mail it to various locations for additional signatures.
Thus far, at the very least, the flag will be flying(/has flown) at
Madison Square Garden
Note: because this flag was a quick homemade job and not built for punishment, it may or may not survive the unique conditions of Bonnaroo -- so Divemistress will have to determine after Roo whether or not the flag is still in good enough condition to continue. After that, you have to figure that if it can survive Roo, it can survive anything.
And of course, it would be a hoot for folks to take a picture of themselves with the flag at their venue(s).
Thanks in advance for showing your support, Copelandia!
Dramatic highlights & a unique musical cosmos. Guaranteed.