WELCOME TO THE OFFICIAL SITE OF STEWART COPELAND: STAY TUNED AND KEEP THE BEAT. YO!!

FC Show -- Resources, Logistics, Consolidating, etc.

Postby DirtyMartini on 12 May 2007 18:27

"Go to sleep, little baby . . ." (Not appropriate to this thread at all, but now it'll be in my head for the rest of the day.)

I think SS and I land around the same time, GSC. (I know that the first thing I'll want to do when I get to the hotel is take a shower and change my clothes.) MediaClub may not be a great pre-show place, but it sounds like it might be pretty cool as a post-show spot.

OK, let's figure this out. Geek time:

Saturday, May 26:

noonish + - Fans start to take over YVR

7:00 pm - Fiction Plane

Sunday, May 27:

noon - Will Call for FC show

4:00 pm - FC get-together at Ceili's

7:30 pm - Police Fan Club Show

Monday, May 28:

7:30 pm - Police Opening Night

Would Copelanders care to meet for food and drinks on Saturday before Fiction Plane? Would a local perhaps have any recommendations?

BTW, hubby and I have an art project this weekend: we're making a (I use this term loosely) "flag." I'm hoping it'll make it easier to spot each other in a crowd. (At the very least, it'll make it easier for SS and I to find each other at the airport.)

So if you spot a bright-ass green flag with a white horse logo on it, you should find me close by.
Dramatic highlights & a unique musical cosmos. Guaranteed.
DirtyMartini

Postby GinaSuperCat on 12 May 2007 18:44

damn, we're in a tight spot...better leave these plans to the one with the capacity for abstract thought: it's all you, DM!

Aside from the sketch of key events you have sketched, I have no plans...however, I think at least a few will be screeching in probably just in time to catch part of the FP show on Sat, iirc...I could be confused with TPT, though...

Ok definitely lost it: I just thought of painting a yellow, red and blue stripe on my black luggage...I do hate waiting, checking every freaking black rectangular rolling bag 001 that goes by for mine....ya, I need help...hahaha
MMMMEEEEEOOOOOOWWWWWW!!!!
GinaSuperCat

Postby DirtyMartini on 12 May 2007 19:01

Yeah, aside from meeting a couple of people for hand-offs, I don't have any plans either.

How about we try for a Copelandia meet-up pre-FP, and then just play the rest by ear? We're all also going to be on all kinds of weird sleep schedules. After FP, we can always find a place to get drinks or make plans for the next day, blahblahblah. (I remember Conroy will be landing late, so he can't make a get-together pre-FP.)

Otherwise, we could do a pre-FC-get-together get-together on Sunday -- or skip the FC get-together entirely and do our own . . .

(At the very least, GSC, you, me, and SS can arrange to meet on Saturday and go from there. And since our room will be close, you're welcome to use it to store stuff or for a quick clean-up or whatever.)

Luggage-wise, DO IT! Hubby and I have strips of bright colored duct tape on our luggage. Makes it super-easy to spot amongst the sea of black. Highly recommended.
DirtyMartini

Postby GinaSuperCat on 13 May 2007 01:12

Sounds great...I'm pretty low-maintenance so I'll probably travel light and be ok with what I have on me but I reserve the right...in case I pee my pants in excitement...to take you up on yer offer <grin>

Only one question: what the f am I gonna do with myself for the next two weeks?????!!!!!
GinaSuperCat

Postby conroy on 13 May 2007 03:08

[quote="DirtyMartini"]Yeah, aside from meeting a couple of people for hand-offs, I don't have any plans either.

How about we try for a Copelandia meet-up pre-FP, and then just play the rest by ear? We're all also going to be on all kinds of weird sleep schedules. After FP, we can always find a place to get drinks or make plans for the next day, blahblahblah. (I remember Conroy will be landing late, so he can't make a get-together pre-FP.)

Otherwise, we could do a pre-FC-get-together get-together on Sunday -- or skip the FC get-together entirely and do our own . . .

(At the very least, GSC, you, me, and SS can arrange to meet on Saturday and go from there. And since our room will be close, you're welcome to use it to store stuff or for a quick clean-up or whatever.)

Luggage-wise, DO IT! Hubby and I have strips of bright colored duct tape on our luggage. Makes it super-easy to spot amongst the sea of black. Highly recommended.[/quote]

I would definitely be up for meeting up for drinks somewhere after the FP and determining plans for Sunday.

I got my Gizmo and SC t-shirts today so I'll be able to spread the gospel!!!

GSC, I've got so much stuff going on at work and in my personal life the next few weeks that time is going to fly fast for me anyway. Two weeks from tonight is going to get here before we know it!
conroy

Postby DirtyMartini on 13 May 2007 17:03

[quote="conroy"]I would definitely be up for meeting up for drinks somewhere after the FP and determining plans for Sunday.[/quote]

I expect we'll be able to find each other -- we all know what you look like. :D

I'll be sure to email my cell number to you -- so if all else fails, we can stand on the sidewalk after the show playing cell phone Marco Polo.
DirtyMartini

Postby GinaSuperCat on 13 May 2007 17:19

haha..we could coordinate matching but totally identifying ring tones to serve as sonic location/homing signals <grin>

Seriously, I need to figure out what I'm going to do re: call phone there...my current phone looks to be like just under 1.00USD a min for the int'l roaming charge and so I need to see if something more logical may be available...once I do that I'll let y'all know my contact info via pm...
GinaSuperCat

Postby conroy on 13 May 2007 20:08

[quote="GinaSuperCat"]haha..we could coordinate matching but totally identifying ring tones to serve as sonic location/homing signals <grin>

Seriously, I need to figure out what I'm going to do re: call phone there...my current phone looks to be like just under 1.00USD a min for the int'l roaming charge and so I need to see if something more logical may be available...once I do that I'll let y'all know my contact info via pm...[/quote]

Does Vancouver have a lot of free wi-fi? I don't think my cell will work there, I'll find out this week for sure, but I will bring my Dell Axim X3i and could use Skype that I installed on that to make outgoing phone calls if I find free wifi.
conroy

Postby samburusunset on 13 May 2007 23:00

[quote="conroy"][quote="DirtyMartini"])

I got my Gizmo and SC t-shirts today so I'll be able to spread the gospel!!!

Glad to hear you got your tees, Conroy! Spread that gospel!
Can I get an "Amen!"?

I'm up for pre/post FP, FC, Opening Night get togethers. Just wake me out of my stupor a) for the shows and b) to get my tix from will call on 5/27 :lol:

I'm sure we'll work something out. Might be interested at the goings-on at Ceili's though.

Cha!

p.s. I'm really not a drunken sot! I'll probably have a giddy smile plastered on my face all weekend, though.
Stewart and Stanley together again!! YO!
samburusunset

Postby GinaSuperCat on 15 May 2007 04:07

Heh, after completing a pleasant after-dessert round of Big-Math-Budget-Calculation looks like I'll have about 30USD a day in Vancouver...hah, Rachel Ray, I'll have you beat by a ten-spot: Vancouver in just 30$ a day! <grin>

Re WiFi, I came across this, which may be of help...just need to scroll scroll scroll down to Vancouver listings:

http://www.wififreespot.com/can.html
GinaSuperCat

Postby DirtyMartini on 15 May 2007 13:39

Our hotel room is supposed to have free wi-fi . . . but that doesn't seem especially helpful somehow.

My cell phone is a pay-per-minute thingie (Virgin), so whatever they charge is what they charge. I never use the damn thing anyway.

GSC, it looks like someone might want to sneak into the Continental Breakfast line over at our hotel in the mornings.
DirtyMartini

Postby DirtyMartini on 16 May 2007 16:31

I sorta lied about wi-fi at the Hampton Inn:

"high speed internet access in every room, wireless internet access in the lobby"

Minor detail, but just in case it's helpful to anyone.

Man, it really is so tempting to bring along my laptop . . .
DirtyMartini

Postby conroy on 16 May 2007 16:40

[quote="DirtyMartini"]I sorta lied about wi-fi at the Hampton Inn:

"high speed internet access in every room, wireless internet access in the lobby"

Minor detail, but just in case it's helpful to anyone.

Man, it really is so tempting to bring along my laptop . . .[/quote]

And I didn't see "free" anywhere in that statement, either.
conroy

Postby GinaSuperCat on 16 May 2007 17:29

Ya, its free...or at least it's listed in a series of 'complimentary' amenities offered by the Hampton Inn:

"Enjoy complimentary local calls and no surcharge for using a calling card. Guests also enjoy the following complimentary items: On the HouseTM hot breakfast, Hampton's On the RunTM breakfast bags (Monday-Friday), high speed internet access in every room, wireless internet access in the lobby, meeting rooms and public areas, coffee and tea in the lobby 24 hours a day, and USA Today(R) copies Monday-Friday."

Heh the list of amenities for the place I'm staying is less elaborate, but it'll do...I'm going by way of the grace of hubby and his super-leet bargain skills, so I'm *damn* lucky!

Thanks for the offer, DM, about the breakfast: just saw it on this viewing of the thread...I would hate to be cause for an 'incident' and have it affiliated with you and SS....I'll be a-ok for breakfast (lots of things near Metrotown) and I actually eat kinda strangely, I eat like 7-8 times a day, pretty much just snacks really....someone once called me a "grazer" <giggle>...so that means I can bring snacks with me and stop for a few bites here and there...30 will be plenty!
GinaSuperCat

Local Vancouver info

Postby Mercury Rising on 16 May 2007 19:41

Greetings vancouver visitors!
As a local I can fill you in on some things...
Free internet is available at the downtown Vancouver Public Library which is 2 blocks away from GM Place. (round coliseum-type building)
The hostel at Jericho Beach is the best one in town - right on the beach! The hostel on Granville St. (downtown) is grungy but everything is walking distance from there.
Try to keep your distance from the "downtown eastside", there are cheap hotels there but it's a sketchy neighbourhood (Pender St., Powell St., Carrall St.)
If any of you have questions ask away---

It'd be nice to meet you all, I was thinking of getting a bunch of fans together on Saturday night, the day before the FC show.
dive within
Mercury Rising

PreviousNext

Return to THE KRYPTON FORUM