WELCOME TO THE OFFICIAL SITE OF STEWART COPELAND: STAY TUNED AND KEEP THE BEAT. YO!!

FC Show -- Resources, Logistics, Consolidating, etc.

Postby DirtyMartini on 24 May 2007 13:42

OK, people. Need to make some decisions before folks start boarding planes. Don't be scared by the long post -- it's a quick read, I promise.

THE BIG ISSUE: Sunday SC meet-up

Various folks off-board have expressed both a desire to try for the Brewhouse thing and a desire to avoid it. (I'm honestly on the fence; I would love to get in, but the odds are crappy (if my math is correct, a 2.5% chance maybe?) and I don't want to miss opportunities to socialize with you fabulous SCers.)

The idea of breakfast was brought up -- but if anyone wants to get into the Brewhouse line, he/she will no doubt have to start lining up at Will Call pretty damn early. Which means breakfast won't work.

At this point, HQ is sticking with the Chaos Method (first-come, first-served), so for now, we'll just have to proceed with that in mind.

So I propose the following:

On Sunday, whoever isn't firmly parked in the Brewhouse line can gather at (Doolin's? Speakeasy? an SC table at Ceili's? -- which?) at 4 pm for a meet-up.

If HQ changes their mind and does a raffle, at least we'll already have a meet-up time in place. And if they don't, everyone can decide on Sunday with a back-up plan ready and waiting for them.

If this works for other folks, then the question becomes whether to stick with a separate location (and if so, which) or to try and gather as part of the Ceili's party instead. So if for whatever reason the Brewhouse thing were not to work out for you, would you want to gather at 4 pm at

a. Doolin's
b. Speakeasy
c. Ceili's

VOTE! Please?

In other news, . . .

HQ's WILL CALL INFO:
http://www.thepolicetour.com/members/co ... pic=4600.0

All ticket holders for The Police Fan Club show on May 27 should review the below will call information.

- All tickets will be will call only and need to be picked up in person at the box office at the venue on the day of the show (May 27) beginning at 12 noon.

- Along with your ticket a wristband will be issued. A TICKET AND WRISTBAND ARE REQUIRED FOR ENTRY TO THE VENUE.

- The Fan Club member who purchased the tickets will be required to pick them up. Photo ID and credit card should be presented when picking up tickets.

- The doors will open at 6:30 pm. The show is at 7:30 pm.

WHO IS THAT GEEK WITH THE FLAG?

If you see this ( http://tinyurl.com/23urjh ) attached to a pudgy white girl, then you've found the drunken bard, so come and say hello!
Last edited by DirtyMartini on 24 May 2007 19:09, edited 1 time in total.
Dramatic highlights & a unique musical cosmos. Guaranteed.
DirtyMartini

Postby DirtyMartini on 24 May 2007 18:50

Thanks to GSC for posting re: the Sunday meet-up. Details here: http://www.stewartcopeland.net/forum/vi ... php?t=2721

Here's the final (I do believe) recap of notable dates and times for anyone who wants to gather together:

SATURDAY, May 26:

6:00 pm: SC.net meet-up (Subeez Cafe, corner of Homer and Smithe)

7:00 pm: doors open (Plaza Club, 881 Granville Street)

8 pm-ish (guestimate): Elias

9 pm-ish: Fiction Plane

12 pm-ish: post-FC hangout (Media Club, corner of Cambie and Georgia)

SUNDAY, May 27:

noon: Will Call for FC show (GM Place)

4:00 pm: TPT meet-up (Ceili's, 670 Smithe Street at Granville)
[we can try to reserve an SC.net corner :wink: ]

5:30 pm: Brewhouse Brouhaha

6:30 pm: doors open (GM Place)

7:30 pm: Police Fan Club Show

MONDAY, May 28:

6:30 pm: doors open (GM Place)

7:30 pm: Police Opening Night

SEE YOU IN VANCOUVER!!!
Last edited by DirtyMartini on 24 May 2007 18:57, edited 1 time in total.
DirtyMartini

Postby roerigraider1 on 24 May 2007 18:55

Good luck to all who will be there. Anyone going to be in chicago, on the 5th of July??? 8)
"This could be my Masterpiece"
roerigraider1

Postby GinaSuperCat on 24 May 2007 19:04

Thanks so much DM for the recap...ima just going to print out that and act accordingly <grin>
MMMMEEEEEOOOOOOWWWWWW!!!!
GinaSuperCat

Postby DirtyMartini on 24 May 2007 19:12

You and me both, Miss Kitty.
DirtyMartini

Postby DirtyMartini on 25 May 2007 12:28

A quick *bump* for those in need.
DirtyMartini

Postby Divemistress of the Dark on 25 May 2007 14:16

Y'all are going to have such a good time. I'm with you in spirit in SUCH a big way.

That flag looks terrific, DM. I missed out on the details, but I bet you had a blast making it.

Pictures, everyone! Just a reminder to pack a camera in that handbag...and in your pants pockets...tops of your socks...;) I realize you probably can't take a camera into the actual venue, but I expect to see plenty of photos from those pre- and post-parties!!

(Oh, and kudos to whomever gets the first shot of him/herself either kissing STEWART on the cheek or getting a pat on the back. ;))
On Google - site:stewartcopeland.net "your keyword here" - thanks DM!!
Divemistress of the Dark

Postby Midori on 27 May 2007 14:23

[quote="jedsoon"]When you guys party, remember to raise a glass for all us po'folk who can only be there in spirit..![/quote]

hahaha, great idea, jedsoon!

When the fan club show starts, it is office hour here.... :shock:

http://www.jal.co.jp/en/worldclock/

But I will keep singing along with the SC net mates at Vancouver in my heart! :wink:

I'm eager to know the set list-the very first one of this memorable
reunion tour-especially the opening song. (My forecast is 'Truth hits
everybody'...just my opinion..)

Looking forward to read your reports! Have a safe and nice trip!

MIDORI :D :D :D
Midori

PreviousNext

Return to THE KRYPTON FORUM