WELCOME TO THE OFFICIAL SITE OF STEWART COPELAND: STAY TUNED AND KEEP THE BEAT. YO!!

STEWART!!! Note: We can't hear your banter! / FLAG

STEWART!!! Note: We can't hear your banter! / FLAG

Postby DirtyMartini on 28 May 2007 10:04

Stewart, if you're being a total noodle and checking in before Opening Night, I wanted to let you know that it was very difficult to hear your brilliant banter at the FC Show. Some of it came through, but because you were talking over mad screams, a lot of it got swallowed.

For us fans who would like to be able to hear your witticisms and jibes, please wait a few more seconds for the madness to start to quell a bit before talking please. Cuz it's just mean and frustrating to know that you're speaking but to not be able to tell what you're saying.

Thank you, Stewart! I'm going to go inflate your ego in the other thread now.
Last edited by DirtyMartini on 01 Jun 2007 12:36, edited 1 time in total.
Dramatic highlights & a unique musical cosmos. Guaranteed.
DirtyMartini

Postby Divemistress of the Dark on 28 May 2007 16:15

Aw, impossible. He'll be in here telling us how terrible he was any minute now...which is all part of his charm, if you ask me. ;)

Bummer you lot couldn't hear him, though. Here's hoping he takes you up on the suggestion.
On Google - site:stewartcopeland.net "your keyword here" - thanks DM!!
Divemistress of the Dark

Postby Hannaha on 28 May 2007 18:40

Oh my god Dirty, your flag is so cool! I only just noticed it - have you had it there for ages? I should get one made for the London shows.
Hannaha

Postby DirtyMartini on 28 May 2007 20:14

Thanks, Hannah. I only posted it a day or two before coming here -- I wanted some way of making it easier to find strangers. And boy howdy, did it ever. By the time I get home, half the paint will be cracked, but if you like, I'd be happy to mail it to you to bring to the London shows!

[quote="Divemistress of the Dark"]Bummer you lot couldn't hear him, though. Here's hoping he takes you up on the suggestion.[/quote]

Yeah, wasn't just me either -- even folks in the front said so. Were times we all could tell SC was saying something funny, but couldn't hear what it was! AAH! Big crowd noise trumps microphone.
DirtyMartini

Postby Divemistress of the Dark on 29 May 2007 01:18

Where'd you get that flag made, DM? We need one for Bonnaroo. Otherwise it's a sheet and spray paint, and I think we SC.netters can do better than that. ;)

(I'm thinking seriously about a shirt with DOTD on the back. Many folks on TP.com are reporting wearing nametags made things much easier...)
Divemistress of the Dark

Postby DirtyMartini on 29 May 2007 01:23

Heading out to the show in a few minutes -- but Dive, I can send it to you for Bonnaroo as well.

It's homemade -- hubby did the honors. Cotton broadcloth and acrylic paint. Up close, it's getting messy -- the paints cracking, etc. But from afar, it's perfectly fine and makes spotting easy.

Only thing is that it's not made for a flag pole (since I couldn't use one) -- there are three gromets along the top so I could hook it to my purse or belt loop.

But you're welcome to it!

Oh -- and we were talking about Team Copeland jerseys with our user names on the back. I still think that's a sweet idea.
DirtyMartini

Postby Divemistress of the Dark on 29 May 2007 01:26

You MADE that?! How? Silkscreen?

We really could mail it to each other every time there's a big get-together...hm...Although you guys will need it for the Giants show. So maybe you could scan in your pattern and we could try to make more.

Spray paint actually works remarkably well for this kind of thing, come to think...
Divemistress of the Dark

Postby DirtyMartini on 31 May 2007 13:41

Sorry for the delay, Dive -- I missed this the other day.

Yup, the flag is homemade -- and believe me, you can tell up close. It's cotton broadcloth (with the edges hemmed with stitch wickery cuz I don't have a sewing machine and no way was I doing it by hand) with white acrylic paint.

I'm afraid we don't have a pattern -- hubby and I took the original photo from the Pics section, silhouetted it, blew it up, printed it out in sections, taped 'em together, then made a makeshift lightbox (ie, taped it up to a sunny window), traced the outline, and painted it. Took a few hours, but it was very low tech.

It's been beaten and folded and shoved into all kinds of spaces, so the paint is cracking -- but if you and/or Hannah would like to bring it to your gigs, I'd be happy to pass it along. I can touch up the acrylic and even send some extra paint with it in case you need to do touch-ups. But the work is already done, so if you can use it, please do. It'd be a kick to have it travel the world.

I only wish I had had the brains at the time to have everyone in Vancouver sign the back of it. That would have been really cool.
DirtyMartini

Postby Hannaha on 31 May 2007 15:19

I think we should make a concerted effort to get this flag to circumnavigate the world with Copeland fans. Signing the back is a great idea too. See how many North American shows we can get it to and then send it on over to us in europe for the next leg of the tour. Finally, after South America, Japan, Australia et al it will return, battered and battle-worn, to Ms Martini's eager mitts!

Not only will it make hooking up with sc.netters easier it will also let STEWART know we're there cheering him on, wherever in the world he may be!

RAH RAH RAH! GIVE ME A C...
Hannaha

Re: STEWART!!! Note: We can't hear your banter!

Postby Rusty James on 31 May 2007 15:55

[quote="DirtyMartini"]Stewart, if you're being a total noodle and checking in before Opening Night, I wanted to let you know that it was very difficult to hear your brilliant banter at the FC Show. Some of it came through, but because you were talking over mad screams, a lot of it got swallowed.

I usually leave the bantering (brilliant or otherwise) up to my wife :!:
Rusty James

Postby DirtyMartini on 31 May 2007 16:38

[quote="Hannaha"]I think we should make a concerted effort to get this flag to circumnavigate the world with Copeland fans. Signing the back is a great idea too. See how many North American shows we can get it to and then send it on over to us in europe for the next leg of the tour. Finally, after South America, Japan, Australia et al it will return, battered and battle-worn, to Ms Martini's eager mitts![/quote]

Ha! That would be awesome! And hell, once it had gotten signed around the world, I'd send it to Stewart as a really nasty, ratty, loving keepsake.

Only it should be noted that it's not a very big flag (2-feet wide maybe?). So folks would have to be kind and just stick with a signature rather than a message in order to give everyone some space.

I won't be taking it to Oakland, so do let me know if you'd like it for Roo, Dive, and I'll send it your way!
DirtyMartini

Postby Divemistress of the Dark on 31 May 2007 16:53

hell, yeah! Email incoming...
Divemistress of the Dark

Postby mardee on 31 May 2007 17:20

The Traveling Flag of Copelandia. :)
mardee

Postby Hannaha on 31 May 2007 22:38

People... lets make it happen.
Hannaha

Postby mardee on 01 Jun 2007 02:13

I'll be willing to carry it through the St. Louis show, July 2nd, and send it on to the next destination, if no one else has spoken for this honor and time. Just let me know the details. 8)
mardee

Next

Return to THE KRYPTON FORUM