MSG Finale Flag Report, a.k.a., Yes, that flag was THE Flag.

Postby Divemistress of the Dark on 12 Aug 2008 03:27

[quote]I was born a poor black child. I remember the days, sittin' on the porch with my family, singin' and dancin' down in Mississippi. . . .
[/quote]

BWAAAAAAAAHAHAA!!!

Ya want a Twinkie? ;)

Check yourself out in my avatar too Moe...You just had a great time all around, looks like!
On Google - site:stewartcopeland.net "your keyword here" - thanks DM!!
Divemistress of the Dark

Postby Moeskido on 12 Aug 2008 04:03

Yeah, Dive. I'm still a fat fuck with no visible jawline or eyebrows. And ghod knows I bumped into you often enough that evening while doing my Snoopy dance. But I did have enormous fun.
Absurditas antecedat morbiditate.
Moeskido

Postby Charliearnoid on 12 Aug 2008 06:46

I guess the stress would explain this look during soundcheck...
http://i332.photobucket.com/albums/m351 ... 02/008.jpg

... and here's the flaggie discussion with Tamadude:
http://i332.photobucket.com/albums/m351 ... 02/012.jpg
I miss my Police buddies...
Charliearnoid

Postby Tamadude on 12 Aug 2008 08:31

[quote="Charliearnoid"]... and here's the flaggie discussion with Tamadude:
http://i332.photobucket.com/albums/m351 ... 02/012.jpg[/quote]

Hey! You paparazzied us!

Nice work, Charlie. :wink: :)

8)
I don't wanna work, I just wanna bang on the drums all day.
Tamadude

Postby Maud138 on 12 Aug 2008 09:43

Kel, it's a great story! You definitely know how to write!
I do really hope that you will make some kind of a booklet out of it! (when everything is settled down and normal life has captured us again)
Very proud flag-bearer Düsseldorf 8 jun 2008
Maud138

Postby policerule on 12 Aug 2008 12:49

[quote="DirtyMartini"]I was born a poor black child. I remember the days, sittin' on the porch with my family, singin' and dancin' down in Mississippi. . . .[/quote]

:lol: :lol: The Jerk?

Did you have a "special purpose"?
READY THE BLADE!
policerule

Postby DirtyMartini on 12 Aug 2008 13:50

[quote="Moeskido"]I'm still a fat fuck with no visible jawline or eyebrows.[/quote]

STOP.

[quote="Tamadude"]
Hey! You paparazzied us!
[/quote]

HEY!

(BTW, that security guy is not giving us the double-point. He just keeps insisting we get out of the aisle.)
Dramatic highlights & a unique musical cosmos. Guaranteed.
DirtyMartini

Postby policerule on 12 Aug 2008 14:21

[quote="DirtyMartini"][quote="Moeskido"]I'm still a fat fuck with no visible jawline or eyebrows.[/quote]

STOP.

[/quote]

Yeah, really.... save that degradation for those of us with real jawline problems (see avatar).

The Snoopy dance was real enough though :wink: I'll go along with that.
READY THE BLADE!
policerule

Postby DirtyMartini on 12 Aug 2008 15:33

Previously on "The F-Files," a bunch of psychos were stalking a mop-haired drummer with a flag, a daft plot to hang said flag on a ginormous symphonic gong was being buried by the sands of time, and our narrator was/has been/is clearly confused as to what verb tense she is using . . .

By Thursday morning, I slept lousily and woke up nervous. As I mentioned to someone, I wasn't performing that night, but somehow I woke up ready to puke. That just ain't right.

We had certainly tried; I had certainly tried Jeff's patience. I even arranged to get into Manhattan earlier than originally planned -- just in case -- and I let Jeff know my time table and that I would be sure to stick close to MSG. But it seemed moot. Despite the valiant efforts, it just didn't seem possible that things would work out, especially not on such a crazy day.

So we got ready to leave. I checked my bag a million times -- phone, flag, markers, ticket information, wallet; phone, flag, markers, ticket information, wallet -- then realized about 5 minutes into our commute when I came across my SD cards that I had left my camera at home. Crap. Okay, that's not so bad -- there would be plenty of cameras around, and I was hoping to force myself not to take photos during the show anyway. As oversights go, a pretty minor one. I still had my phone clutched in my fist, the Flag in my purse, and all the items necessary to pick up my ticket. And poor Moeskido (whom I owe greatly) patiently understanding that I was going to be a bit twitchy for most of the day.

At MSG I picked up my pit ticket -- which was funnily labeled Row 1, Seat 1 -- and we bumped into stingingintherain and analiafer. Together we tracked down the insanely long pit line consisting of Dietmar and stevel, bumped into Takeshi, met pdxracer and Bongo (!), and then my phone "eyo'd." (My ringer for text messages is "Reggatta.") Text from Jeff: "Still want fly the flag if u r game."

Did I say "twitchy" earlier? Let's make that "unhinged."

If there had been a way to SCREAM in anything louder than ALL CAPS over text message, I would have done so. I may have actually typed loud enough for the poor man to hear me. I told him YES, that I was awaiting instruction -- and then proceeded to hold my breath for the next few hours.

Suddenly there was a glimmer of hope. A beautiful, horrible, fabulous, cruel glimmer of hope.

And once again, it was time to wait. . . .
Last edited by DirtyMartini on 12 Aug 2008 15:44, edited 1 time in total.
Dramatic highlights & a unique musical cosmos. Guaranteed.
DirtyMartini

Postby bella on 12 Aug 2008 15:40

Is she game? Is she game? Silly question, Jeff.

more more more more
~none of my pleasures are guilty~
bella

Postby CirceNYC on 12 Aug 2008 15:40

[quote="DirtyMartini"]

If there had been a way to SCREAM in anything louder than ALL CAPS over text message, I would have done so. I may have actually typed loud enough for the poor man to hear me. .[/quote]

hahahahahahaha!
ee-yo, ee-yay, ee-yay-yo!
CirceNYC

Postby sockii on 12 Aug 2008 15:42

HA HA HA HA HA. Having played the text-tag game with Jeff before, oh gods this all feels so familiar (but of course it's the FLAG so the stakes are seriously raised!)
sockii

Postby Maud138 on 12 Aug 2008 15:42

Sigh....
Very proud flag-bearer Düsseldorf 8 jun 2008
Maud138

Postby luddite lady on 12 Aug 2008 15:44

[quote]And once again, it was time to wait. . . .[quote]

Bitch! I got a car to buy!
5 minutes of car shopping on-line....15 minutes of sc.net....5 minutes of car shopping on-line...15 minutes of sc.net
At this rate I'll be able to buy a solar car direct off the factory floor of GM.
The car rental company I'm using in the interim should be sending you all flowers or something.
luddite lady

Postby Skip on 12 Aug 2008 15:47

The suspense is killing me - Hitchcock has nothing on DM!!
Skip

PreviousNext

Return to THE KRYPTON FORUM