The following conversation was overheard backstage

Postby sandy on 30 Jul 2007 18:53

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
sandy

Postby animal on 30 Jul 2007 18:59

OMG, I think i'm going to die, I'm laughing so hard.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
A mind full of useless information.
Quotes are my speciality.

I am the YouTube Whisperer
animal

Postby DirtyMartini on 30 Jul 2007 19:18

[quote="phaty"]Stewart: Stewart Copeland here - I have a flag Sting doesn't - what can I do for you ... !
[/quote]

I adore you, phaty.

[quote]SC: Well every night I have to search for this fucking green thing just so they don't beat the living fucking shit out of me online ... [/quote]

Dance, Stewart, dance. :twisted:
Dramatic highlights & a unique musical cosmos. Guaranteed.
DirtyMartini

Postby phaty on 30 Jul 2007 20:20

for some reasons I think I will put this line on my answering machine ... people will think I totally lost it ... !
phaty

Postby BongoBoy on 30 Jul 2007 20:27

Stewart is either:

sitting in a hotel reading these posts and laughing his arse off !

OR

he's locked himself in closet and Sting and Andy have to talk him out before the show...

...c'mon Stew, so they're a little nutty...c'mon...Stew? Let ME try... it's Andy....why can't you just say somethin nice?.....C'mon.....

heh,heh.
BongoBoy

Postby rapa on 30 Jul 2007 20:34

:lol: :lol: :lol:
oh I bet thinking about a possible reunion during all those years they wouldn't have seen this thread coming (no matter how good old Stingo's instincts are)
:lol: :lol:
rapa

Postby Kalypso on 30 Jul 2007 21:12

Fuck off on his lute [priceless] :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Phatso, as one of the several resident Italians I object at the stereotypical identification of our ilk with either mafiosos or pizza guys... :lol: :lol:

[Thinks of Girl Looking Like a Young Sophia Loren Delivering Pizza and Stew's headband falling to the floor.....]
"Loa-ded, and ready for a-ction! [wink]"
Kalypso

Postby phaty on 30 Jul 2007 21:17

[quote="Kalypso"]
Phatso, as one of the several resident Italians I object at the stereotypical identification of our ilk with either mafiosos or pizza guys... [/quote]

I had a Mafia thing in there already - but for that Trudie would have to call in and I don't know how to make fun of her ... !
phaty

Postby Kalypso on 30 Jul 2007 21:19

Why? She is not Italian! I'd say she might have been tempted to get a role on the Sopranos, but that show was def. not a hit [pun not intended] in Italy.
Kalypso

Postby Jennythenipper on 30 Jul 2007 21:37

So many great jokes, Andy asking for seniors discount, Sting calling in and getting confused, Miles calling in and abusing his brother! And that's not even getting to Jeff's piece. You guys made me late for a meeting but it was worth it...
Thanks to Sockii (you rockii) for awesome Avatar photo!
Jennythenipper

Postby kimmy on 30 Jul 2007 21:59

My husband doesn't get it......

This thread is so funny I laugh out loud....

He keeps giving me funny looks......

This is fab!!!

I LOVE THIS SITE!!!!!

Kimmy

:wink:
kimmy

Postby phaty on 30 Jul 2007 22:07

you just wait til Stu calls Hannah - so he thinks ...
phaty

Postby Kalypso on 30 Jul 2007 22:11

You mean Lue-Hannah???? :wink:
Kalypso

Postby Three over Four on 31 Jul 2007 00:22

EXCELLENT....the lunacy continues... :lol:
Three over Four

Postby Lynne on 31 Jul 2007 14:04

This is for Kalypso:

Early Wednesday morning, New York: Kalypso sneaks carefully into Stewart’s dressing room. She looks over her shoulder, then removes some clothing from a drawer, stuffing it under her voluminous poncho. She empties a small bag into the drawer, then catlike, slinks out into the hazy dawn of a summer morning.

Later that morning, she meets her co-conspirators at a dive bar in the East Village.

Kimmy [her eyes wide and somewhat glazed]: Did you get them?

Kalypso [beaming]: Yep, sure did, one for each of us!

Lynne [almost buzzing she's so excited]: Excellent, well done! C'mon, hand 'em over …

[Kalypso hands over a pair of white pants and a Leroy Coolbreeze shirt to each of them, keeping the third set for herself. They laugh madly for a few seconds. Kimmy seems particularly transfixed by the white pants sitting in her lap. A round of tequila shots later and they seem a little more relaxed.]

Lynne: How'd you get the old stuff?

Kalypso: eBay is a miracle of the modern world!

[More laughter …]

Kimmy: OK, let's go. See you at the meetup before the show.

The scene backstage before the MSG show Wednesday: Sting is wearing his sleeveless white t-shirt, black jeans, and black boots; Andy wears a white shirt, black pants and a jacket. Stewart is wearing short green shorts and a tight yellow t-shirt, with a small white towel draped over his shoulders, and he’s bouncing up and down, back and forth on the balls of his feet, staring at a focal point on the ground in front of him (what Sting would call a dristi if they were doing yoga).

Sting: Hey Stewart, what’s with the getup?

Stewart: Ever since that roadie Kalypso was here doing wardrobe, all of my white pants and Leroy shirts have disappeared! They’ve been mysteriously replaced by these old things.

[Andy snickers and rolls his eyes; Stewart glares at him.]

Sting: Sounds like a conspiracy of some of those freaky fans of yours, to get you back into your cucumber and lemon kit.

Stewart: They still fit, so what the hell?

Sting: And they’ll probably be waving that ridiculous flag again too, won’t they?

Stewart: Fuck off, Stingo; you're just jealous that my fans are so innovative and uninhibited.

Andy: Just don't stand so close to me when we finish; you clash horribly with my pink trainers.

K, K, & L are in a front section, waving the Flag in a conspicuous yet non-asshat-ish way, grinning madly as the show begins.

At the end, when the band take their bows, Stewart strides out around the drum kit to reveal a pair of green striped tube socks to accompany his Nike trainers. He searches the crowd, fixes on the flag, points at it and then himself, and shouts,

"IT STILL FITS!"
Lynne

Location: "Forty-something now, but still looking pretty good."

PreviousNext

Return to THE KRYPTON FORUM